What's new
What's new

Matsura fanuc 6m MC code for tool release and macro b

mrclauds

Plastic
Hi all

I have an old Matsura machine Centre with a fanuc 6m control. The tool changer system no longer functions so we are building a jig to hold the bt collets at the edge of the table.

We have been successful in using the M19 code to orient the spindle, move machine and tool to the relative jig using subprogram calls.

We have a solution to trigger the spindle tool release, but would be much happier if there was a m or g code to release it through the program?

If anyone knows the code or sequence? Or knows how to be able to get into the hidden subprograms that have the commands, we would be very grateful.

Also, to see if this machine has capability for macro b programming? If so, how to activate it?

Thank you in advance

there is probably not an existing m-code to release the tool.

If you have spare m codes, you could maybe use one of those and wire it into the valve. But that might cause an alarm if the tool is released in auto. Outside of the tool change routine. that would be easy to test. manual override the valve while running a program, without rotation of course.

To see if it has the macro option. I think under the settings button, you can view the macro variables. If it has the variables, it has it.

If it dont, it is quite a journey to get them going. I speak from experience. It has to be the mB level up control. I dont think you can have them on the a or regular b.

I would put that effort into fixing the existing toolchanger. Much more to be gained there.

There may be an M code to release the tool but you would need that from either documentation or directly from Matsuura.
For Macro B you would need to see if the machine is equipped with it. There would be several hard keys on the keyboard with labels like "Macro Aux" "Menu" etc. if those keys are present, the machine is equipped with it. If not, the option (and it was an option at the time) is not present.

Thank you both.
It is an older control and does not have macro b on unfortunately.
The cost for fixing the tool changer is ridiculous unfortunately, and since this is my oldest machine, the option is to either make it work on jobs that are not tolerance sensative or scrap it.

What I'll land up doing is tapping into the water control relay to release the spindle then (I'll disable the manual water off to prevent one of my guys accidentally turning off water and the collet falling out.)

Thank you both.
It is an older control and does not have macro b on unfortunately.
The cost for fixing the tool changer is ridiculous unfortunately, and since this is my oldest machine, the option is to either make it work on jobs that are not tolerance sensative or scrap it.

What I'll land up doing is tapping into the water control relay to release the spindle then (I'll disable the manual water off to prevent one of my guys accidentally turning off water and the collet falling out.)

Always a way to get it done. Assuming you mean coolant when you say water?

I did same thing on my old mazak lathe to use a bar puller. I had no M code to open/close chuck so wired up a relay activated by coolant pump to basically push the foot pedal switch. Worked great. Could still use coolant too without chuck opening as long as spindle was turned on prior to turning on coolant.

Hi, thanks for the response... Yes I did mean coolant (water soluble oil).
Fantastic, and well done, that's exactly the kind of stuff that excites me ;) innovation

This is for a Mori but it also has a 6M control so it is worth a shot.
M94 clamps the spindle and M95 unlock it.

My 6M control does have the macro B option so yours should be able to do it too.

Back