What's new
What's new

Matsuura MC510vf / yasnac i80Head Scratcher

GRETZ

Plastic
A bit of background, machine (1994) ran flawless / sold it to a buddies shop > levelled it and did some training as they are green as grass. Drip fed a program (cimco) that was written in mastercam / made some good sample parts to get them running.

They were using fusion 360 for their first kick at the can, went to drip feed it and now the machine is locked in single block (or behaving as such). It worked great up until that point, even the warmup cycles in memory have to be ran with cycle start for each line... Things ive tried:
-there is no door interlock that could be causing it
-checked the way lube level - good
-operation of the single block switch - bit 1/0 in diagnostic works correctly
-the old off / on wishful thinking
-I looked at the fusion360 code, the only thing that stood out was there was no Oxxxx program number at the top, I know the control can do wacky stuff when the block lines are too long, maybe this locked it in limbo?

Let me know what you gurus think, these are awesome mills, just trying to help these guys get back to making parts. Thanks in advance

Edit in a program name, see if it helps.

Try running the original program you ran parts with from Mastercam, see if it behaves normally.

May be a selection buried nine layers past hell, in the fusion software, that someone toggled, not knowing any better.

No experience on my part, just a wild-ass guess, but figure it's worth a try. My programming was all in GibbsCam, and dicked around a lot with various graphics software, and every software engineering team, seems to invent their own language for doing the same thing as the others do, with different names, and sometimes they all apparently use the same hallucinogens for Team recreation, as sometimes they all seem to think on a different plane than other companies do.

Best of luck!

Edit in a program name, see if it helps.

Try running the original program you ran parts with from Mastercam, see if it behaves normally.

Ya, we tried that, even proven programs, down to the warmup cycles have to be ran by hitting cycle start line for line

Back