What's new
What's new

Matsuura RA2, servo motor alarm

Merdailleurs

Plastic
Hi everybody,

I tried starting my machine this morning and the Y axis servopack fuse went off at the start.

I turned off power to the machine turned the fuse back on and started the machine again.:confused:

Some loud electric noise came from the back of the machine and I get an alarm saying that the Y servo
is out of function.:(

All servo pack seems normal on all axes but I get an error message still.:confused:

Can anybody tell me what to verify in such a case.

I think that the servo motor is in need of repair(fried) but wouldn't know how to identify this for sure.

I tried starting the machine twice and get the same noise and message each time.

Please help!

Last edited:
Pull the connector off the motor, if it is 3 phase it should have 4 pins. Determine which one is the ground by metering each pin to the motor frame, there should be only one pin showing continuity to the frame. Meter the resistance between the other 3 in pairs, all readings should be similar. If it flunks this simple test it is bad, but it could pass and still have problems.

My electrician used a megger to verify motor windings, motor is OK.
Servo pack on the Y axis is gone, I verified the servopack innards and the problem seems to relate to the PTM (power transistor module)
My servopack is a CACR SRCA15BBSY100

Can anyone direct me to a part supplyer.

Fuji has an array of parts available for CNC repairs but I wouldn't know which one to choose from.

Thanks everybody!

Try calling Indel-USA they repaired a Fuji drive for me so maybe they would have parts to sell or could tell you where to get them.

Back