What's new
What's new

Matsuura RA3f i80 contols Tool diamter offset entry

rupertm

Plastic
Hello Forum,

I have a question about how to enter the tool diameter offsets. I am just not sure where to enter the data. I have it for the length with no problems, but cant see how to do it for the diameter. I was encouraged to use memory locations 100-129 for my offsets for consistency in my shop, but Im just not sure how to either set a register or pointer to those 100-129 memory locations or if that is even the right thing to do. Any of you know how this is suppose to be done on these old Matsuuras? Here are some photos of where I am in the controls. From the images you can see H (D) -19.1052, etc. Does the H (D) indicate Im in Height or length mode? If yes is there a way to switch that to Diameter mode? Those values listed are actually length offsets in image008 that I have been using.

Thank you to anyone who has any thoughts or knowledge on this.

Matt

image007.jpg
image008.jpg
image009.jpg

DavidScott

Titanium
It looks like your control is not set for using D#s and only H#s. It is a parameter setting. When set for using D#s it would be on image 8 with D#s on the right. If you need I can look it up but am too busy right now. I have a Kitamura with a J300 control, which is a souped up i80 so it should be the same for this.

rupertm

Plastic
Hello David and thank you for the response!!

So yeah it seems like you should be able to enter it right there. But what I think Im learning is that my post processor, (I think this is where its coming from) out of camworks is calling all the diameters starting at 30 and going on up. When I turned on the compensation the commands look like this for tool #8 N490 G41 D38 X2.303 Y-.1531. Its offsetting it to tool #38 which makes me think is just a 30 location offset. It would be nice if this was controllable from within camworks, but I dont think it is.

David again thank you for your reply on this. Have a great weekend!!!
Matt

Covenant MFG

Plastic
Yeah it stores H and D numbers in the same location. The cam system should have settings where it will post. The Matsuura I run can hold up to 30 tools, so I do the same thing for the diameter: T# plus 30. You just have to cursor down to find the right number.

Greg White

Titanium
my Matssura(1987, MX2) holds 30 tools,in the tool list I use 1 thru 30 for tool lenght,and 31 thru 61 for dia.
H tells control lenght, D tells control its a dia. call.
So like this for Dia.
G41 D31 X or Y
Good luck
Remember this!!!!!
cut air first
Gw

DavidScott

Titanium
PM4029,0 is for H only and 1 if you want to see/ use H and D in the tool table. I find using say H2 D2 much easier than H2 D32. It is much easier to have your H and D next to each other in the tool table too.

rupertm

Plastic
Thank you Guys!!!

Yeah Cutting air first saves money, time and patients. Im still learning so being patient and not rushing new programs has saved me. My impatience has also cost me too. So yes air first is good practice. DavidScott, Thank you for the PM4029. Im going to check that. Im surprised the Methods guys did not know about that parameter. After I check that out I might let them know.

Thank you again you guy for your reply's!!
Matt