What's new
What's new

Mazak Nexus - Error 43 and 204 - Spindle/Controller Malfunction?

Isak Andersson

Aluminum
Hello. I was getting these errors before when doing synchronous rotation during parting-off operations but now I'm getting them just doing normal roughing (Bar Out) on the sub-spindle. It seems to happen after a couple of minutes of roughing on every part. The e-brake goes off and it can't be cleared for a while. I also noticed that the W-axis loses its home position by about 0.005 mm. Could the W-axis have something to do with this error? Any clues?

BTW. The machine is a QT Nexus 250-II MS year 2011.

IMG_20230124_131904294.jpg

Last edited:
I found a pattern where it would alarm sooner and sooner for each part to the point where it eventually alarms twice per part. I let the machine rest for a bit and it's back to alarming once per part. It's almost like it's getting more and more overheated as time goes on. Very strange.

What is the spindle load at while cutting?
Not very high. It's sitting around 55%. I usually adjust my feeds and speeds so that it's around 90% and I never had any issues with the sub-spindle before. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the load because one time it stopped mid-air during a rapid move. No clue what's going on here.

Hello. I was getting these errors before when doing synchronous rotation during parting-off operations but now I'm getting them just doing normal roughing (Bar Out) on the sub-spindle. It seems to happen after a couple of minutes of roughing on every part. The e-brake goes off and it can't be cleared for a while. I also noticed that the W-axis loses its home position by about 0.005 mm. Could the W-axis have something to do with this error? Any clues?

BTW. The machine is a QT Nexus 250-II MS year 2011.

View attachment 386406
What type of drives does this have? I assume mds.
It is giving you an excessive error my guess is without actually being there to troubleshoot is your drive is failing…

I would be changing parameters in dramatic way to see if they still impact AC motor behaviour. I had it with Fanuc spindles during MAIN to SUB transfer. The error of AC motors synchro speed was 10 RPM, which was ridiculously small when both, MAIN and SUB are at 1000..1500 RPM. Had to increase the tolerance, fixed.

u cant swap these two guys, one is Spindle unit and another is power supply. But u can ask local MAZAK to come over and bring another Spindle amplifier for testing ....and what about PLG sensor? Does it have like pre-Amplifier or it is connected directly to MDS-DH-SP unit?

Back