What's new
What's new

Mazak Nexus Tailstock

RT Machine

Plastic
Mazak Nexus tool path in Mazatrol to avoid tailstock.
Need advice here,I have recently bought a Mazak QT-100 Nexus
I am used to T2 control,this is my first Nexus.
With the T2 I had no problem with tail barriers etc
With the Nexus,when using tailstock, i am having to do programs in manual, to avoid collision,
with the live centre.
I have optimized the tailstock parameters to suit the centre and tailstock dimensions.
I have not yet checked if setting material OD much larger than actual in top line of program
makes a difference, as i am still running this job in manual.
Any info appreciated.

Kingbob

Hot Rolled
I know I am not doing it right, I am more of a "find a solution and move on" kind of guy rather than spinning my wheels in pursuit of perfection.
That being said I usually just drop in a manual program with relay points and or play with tpc's to avoid collisions.
I 'don't know if this is what you are looking for or if it is helpful but once you get used to it it gives you a lot of control as to how the machine moves and behaves.

RT Machine

Plastic
I know I am not doing it right, I am more of a "find a solution and move on" kind of guy rather than spinning my wheels in pursuit of perfection.
That being said I usually just drop in a manual program with relay points and or play with tpc's to avoid collisions.
I 'don't know if this is what you are looking for or if it is helpful but once you get used to it it gives you a lot of control as to how the machine moves and behaves.

Thanks for reply,i,m using manual to clear the tailstock,which is easy, but i might try the TPC function as you say, so i can use Mazatrol programs with the tailstock.

Nagol

Aluminum
Not a regular lathe user here but I believe using TPC is the standard thing to do here. Just set your approach and escape points and that way they are in the program for good. You'll probably settle on a default number you go to when it comes up.