What's new
What's new

Mazak QT-EZ12 Lathe

Mudlitz629

Plastic
Hello,
I have a newer Mazak QT-EZ12. I keep getting a 1346 alarm (Turret position error Please index Turret.)
this only happens on the cut off part of the program. The turret indexes to the cut off tool and moves in and starts to cut the part. when it gets about a 1/8 inch into the part then the alarm pops up. I hit reset, move the z away from the spindle, I index the turret and hit reset and the alarm goes away. This has happened so many times, the only way I can make it stop is to put a 6 second dwell in the program. When the Turret indexes to the cut off tool it dwells for 6 seconds, then moves in to cut off the part no problem. any thoughts???

My thought is call and have a video or 2 of the problem in standby in case you cannot get the problem to repeat

the problem repeats every time. they have been in here a few times for this Issue and have not resolved it. the last guy that was in here was a older gentleman and he said, "iv never worked on this control or this new of a machine before so I have no idea" lol.

the problem repeats every time. they have been in here a few times for this Issue and have not resolved it. the last guy that was in here was a older gentleman and he said, "iv never worked on this control or this new of a machine before so I have no idea" lol.

Call them every day and try to get them to fix it. If they do not after 4 visits get them to take the machine back and request a refund or a new one.

I’m assuming this machine is still under warranty as it didn’t even come out a year ago

Back