What's new
What's new

Mazak QT Nexus 250-II MS - Error: 52 Battery Alarm - Which Battery and Where?

Isak Andersson

Aluminum
Hello. I got this battery alarm related to parameters, programs, etc. I assume this battery is somewhere in the control unit but where exactly and where can I get new batteries? Thanks!

Control Unit.jpg

Edit:
Turns out the battery was under the black cover in the image above. We changed it and it automatically fixed all the alarms.

Last edited:
It's probably not in there, if it is the one behind the control it's likely on the board on the back of the monitor. Take a snap of the inside of the electrical box on the back of the machine. Open her up an look for flashing errors on the servo amps, DO NOT SHUT THE MACHINE OFF FOR ANY REASON

Take a snap of the inside of the electrical box on the back of the machine. Open her up an look for flashing errors on the servo amps.
I found these batteries in the electrical cabinet. They are flashing green. I assume this is good?

Electrical Cabinet Batteries.jpg

Electrical Cabinet.jpg

Yes green is good, the first picture is the relocation device.

1668436520373.png

RED CIRCLE: one of these should be flashing an alarm - it will stand out from the rest

GREEN CIRCLE: batteries in here

Batteries are NOT behind the "green circles"---that is where the motor output wires are connected to the drives, so they are high voltage connections, no need to be in there!

Batteries will be behind small doors (if the drives/power supplies have them) near the top of the units...the "red circles" above.

Your battery alarm is probably something like the turret-index, or tailstock/sub-spindle drives. These drives won't be in the bank pictured above, but usually stand alone inside the electrical cabinet.

As said, don't turn the machine off until the culprit battery/batteries are replaced!

ToolCat

RED CIRCLE: one of these should be flashing an alarm - it will stand out from the rest

GREEN CIRCLE: batteries in here
The first one says d and the "charge lamp" is red. Could this be the one? What's funny, though, is that most of them don't even have batteries. Only the two on the right has batteries. Is this normal?
The rest says from left to right: C5 d7 C6 d4 d3. Does this tell you anything?

I should add, I'm now also getting alarm: 44 - Spindle Malfunction 3. Cause: The spindle (amplifier power-off level) is abnormal.

Batteries are NOT behind the "green circles"---that is where the motor output wires are connected to the drives, so they are high voltage connections, no need to be in there!

Batteries will be behind small doors (if the drives/power supplies have them) near the top of the units...the "red circles" above.

Your battery alarm is probably something like the turret-index, or tailstock/sub-spindle drives. These drives won't be in the bank pictured above, but usually stand alone inside the electrical cabinet.

As said, don't turn the machine off until the culprit battery/batteries are replaced!

ToolCat

Tool cat is right about the green circle and the battery locations - I was getting confused, my smart machine has little drawers for the batteries at the bottom of the amps but these look more like the matrix drives with them up on the top right corner.

Good looking out toolcat

Back