What's new
What's new

Mazak QT15N Conveyor Hook up

adamm

Cast Iron
Hi Folks,

I'm still getting things running on the QT15N that I bought. I'm just getting around to hooking up the conveyor. I don't have a wiring diagram for the machine. There are 6 wires coming from the control to the drum switch on the conveyor. I assumed 3 were always on power to allow manual control of the conveyor, and 3 were switched wires to allow the control to turn on the motor.

I turned the control on with the 6 wires disconnected. 3 of them are about 120V to ground. The other three are about 35V to ground.

I'm a bit lost at how to turn the conveyor on with the control. I don't see an m-code listed in the programming manual for the conveyor on/off.

Are those other 3 wires to allow the control to start the conveyor? How do you program it to come on? Does anyone have a wiring diagram that covers that switch?

Thanks,

Adam

Philabuster

Diamond
The chip conveyor is manually controlled via the switches on the conveyor itself. It cannot be controlled via M-code or by anything on the controller panel.

adamm

Cast Iron
Thanks Phil.

I wonder what the other 3 wires are for. I guess I'll just tape them off for now and just use the manual switch.