What's new
What's new

Mazak QT15n - problem with chuck

Zebovsky

Plastic
Hello,

I have a problem with my machine. I can't open and close chuck from the program (If I do it manually, everything works fine). As for the sensors, they are pulled out (this is how I bought the machine). Both sensors shine and work at close range. However, if I hook them up, the machine shows error 215. What could have happened here?

mazak1.jpg
mazak2.jpg

Those sensors are really not needed. I would leave them off.

You need to enable a parameter in order to open and close the chuck in a program. What control do you have on the machine?

You need to enable a parameter in order to open and close the chuck in a program. What control do you have on the machine?

I worked without these sensors, but I have a lot of the same elements and I have to apply looping (necessary to open and close chucks from the program). the control on my machine is T32-2

I worked without these sensors, but I have a lot of the same elements and I have to apply looping (necessary to open and close chucks from the program). the control on my machine is T32-2
Do you have the electrical manuals with your machine? The parameter might be in the electrical manual.

You need to enable an option parameter bit in order to operate the chuck in the program. Unfortunately, I do not know which parameter you need for a T32-2 control.

The option parameters are the ones with 8 digits and look like this and have 1s and 0s: 0000 0000

It looks like I found the parameter you were talking about (in another thread). will try in a few hours. thanks for pointing out a solution. I will let you know if the problem has been solved

Bar pulling

It looks like I found the parameter you were talking about (in another thread). will try in a few hours. thanks for pointing out a solution. I will let you know if the problem has been solved

Bar pulling

Some parameters are only read on machine start up. You may need to change the parameter and then power down and restart the machine for it to take effect.

Ok here is a little update guys:

referring to the post -

"that is bit 7 turned on and the rest turned off.

try, 00001011

basically that paramter is in this order 76543210
so that is bit's 013 all on which are:

0 = chuck stroke confirmation use ( two switches on your chuck cylinder if you don't ever set thes make it a 0 so you will use a timer instead. )

1 = Automatic chuck ( M6 and M7 ) which you need to be a 1

3 = foot switch inching or alternate. when set to 1 it means your chuck opens or closes fully with one press, when set to 0 it means when you press the footswitch the chuck opens and when you release it clamps.

basically in 90 percent of cases that parameter will be set to 00001011

I set the seventh digit of the R49 parameter to 1. Unfortunately, the machine still does not respond. However, by changing the last parameter to "0" (chuck stroke confirmation use (two switches on your chuck cylinder if you don't ever set thes make it a 0 so you will use a timer instead.)The machine opens and closes chuck with M-code from the program (first two program processes), unfortunately it still does not work in the third process (photo).

Is this third process written correctly? Maybe there's a problem there.

mazak1.jpg

You need an M5 (spindle stop command) before you try to open or close the chuck.

Oh yes, it works! thank you very much, thanks to you I will save a lot of time (3200 items ...). it's hard to find a mechanic for a Mazak in my country.

Again thank you very much:)

Back