What's new
What's new

Mazak Slant Turn 50 spindle button flashing and x-axis isn't moving to do a test face cut.

oliver7

Plastic
Mazak Slant Turn 50:
Fresh start after parameter loss and field spindle drive repair.
Machine ready LED is on.
Test program: Facing
Spindle starts, axes go into position
Machine sits with no error messages and doesn't cut.
Spindle start button flashes.
When running the same in "single process" it does cut with the spindle start button flashing.

I have RPM readout, feeding in in/min, not per RPM.
Ran spindle in open loop, it runs but the start button is flashing.
Manual says that the spindle start button stays lit when spindle turns and that is how it's been in the past.
No error messages on the spindle drive either.
Working with Mitsubishi and Mazak on solving this, but I figured I'd give it a shot here too.

It looks like the machine is waiting on something in auto, but isn't telling me on what.
The only other thing is that the Z-axis position is rather unusual 214in when homed.
Machine home is: zero / zero

Controller: T32-2
Spindle drive: FR-SF-2-37K-BCG
Field repair included replacing two power transistors on the inverter side.
Spindle is running in its RPMs and stops from full speed just like it's supposed to.

Problem solved:
Spindle parameters -
SP 29 through 32 needed to be adjusted to the ones that were in the electrical manual on page 35 and 36 in the chart rpm/pa
The values that worked for me are the ones in RPM column 1000.
SP29 - 240
SP30 - 466
SP31 - 986
SP32 - 986

The ones that came with the original parameter sheet to this serial number didn't work, they were only slighlty different.

One other remaining problem now is that when we move the Z-axis .100 on the readout, the physical axis is only moving .017 through MDI and through the pulse handle.
Does anyone know the parameters, maybe R paramerters that would specify the correct encoder?
There is no telling if this is the correct encoder on this Z motor and I don't have the original parameter sheet as it never came with the machine.

Back