What's new
What's new

Mazak Smooth Turret Alighment

JustSense

Plastic
Good afternoon Forum,
Does anyone know how to recenter the turret on the newer lathes? I have a SMOOTH QT 350MY and my machinist rotated the spindle into the turret on a drilling operation. On the older 350's, there was 2 rings of bolts and you would loosen the center ring to pull the turret back on center. The new turret looks very different. See pic attached.
Any feedback appreciated.
Justin S.

Attachments

• QT-350MY Turret.jpeg
    QT-350MY Turret.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 23
This forum and it's file sizes. I was going to post the maintenance manual that covers this topic. Got it under 3Mb but that's too big I guess. I suppose you gotta find your own. Unless your machine was super early smooth then it's on the machine. Just hit the smooth button or whatever it's called. (the one you use to go to the wierd screen you shut it down from) Bottom right corner there is a button that says "smooth apps". Manual should be right there.

Thanks for the replies gents,
I do have an owners manual. However, the main cutaway of the turret only had the bolts for the collar marked on it. The Mazak techs said I need to access the bolts in the collar through the back of the turret. After some more digging, the Mazak tech sent an enlarged version of a cutout on a different page that showed the other bolts. They are located in the back of the pocket used to mount the tools. So in order to find them, you need to unload the turret of all tooling. Inconvenient, maybe...but still better than pulling the milling head to recenter. See photos attached.

Attachments

• Turret 2.jpeg
    Turret 2.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Turret 3.jpeg
    Turret 3.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Turret.jpeg
    Turret.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 16

Back