What's new
What's new

Mazak SQT250 MS - Hardrive

will_0000

Aluminum
Well it seems like I messed up badly. Our SQT 250 MS destroyed its hardrive on boot yesterday. After speaking with Mazak they want to replace not only the hardrive but also the whole NC unit to upgrade it to windows 98 from windows 95 system as they don't support 95 anymore (the price with make your eyes water!). I took a bootable backup of the drive about 5 years ago but cannot locate it anywhere at the moment, so feeling really stupid. Does any one have a bootable image for a 250 MS? is it a standard image with the mazatrol software on it? can you start with a standard windows 95 image? Any ideas of solving this?

The harddrive was sent to a data recovery company but due to the platters have excess pitting they think we can get a lot of databack but not a full bootable image. The failure was mechanical in the read/write head.

Thanks, it is meant to be windows 95 but Mazak will only provide a windows 98 version now which requires the whole NC unit to be changed.

Try calling Mitsubishi Automation Electric in Chicago. They build the control and have the relevant software, and may have other options besides what Mazak is offering.

Might be cheaper to buy a parts machine and use the control, eh?

ToolCat

In the back of my brain I think the Win95 operating system is on an aluminum thingy inside the control. No replacements available as I almost went through this some years ago. 640M HD went south on me and bought a new drive from Mits pre loaded with a lot of stuff, some I already had. $900.00+? Took me half a day to get it running and headgear for the telephone is a must. Mazak had to walk me through the whole thing.

I just went through this on a QT250, but in creating a backup HDD. I recall there was someone in the UK who was offering services to create replacement drives as well, but you will need to have a backup file set from the original in order to do so. The boot sector can be manipulated but the original file structure needs to be present and a complete copy.

Back