What's new

Mazak Variaxis i300 Editing Modal Codes in MCAM Post

mazakmachinist

Plastic
Hello,

Machine : Mazak Variaxis i300
Control : Mazak Smooth Control
CAM : MasterCam 2019

Problem: I have a post for my Mazak Variaxis j500 with Matrix Control, I am trying to use this same post on my Mazak Variaxis i300 with smooth control. When working with multiple planes though, I get an alarm "illegal cmd tilted working plane" which I do not get with the j500 variaxis. I then noticed that when using the same tool on a new toolpath, my post is outputting modal codes unnecessarily. "G17 G20 G40 G90" When I comment out the line, everything works fine. Again, this alarm is only when working in 3+2 with tilted working plane.

I am wondering if there is a way to stop MCAM from posting these modal codes. As mentioned earlier the machine only alarms on the second, third, fourth, etc... toolpath of the same tool. After the tool change it does not alarm as those modal codes are needed.

My other thought was is there a parameter on the machine to allow these modal codes, maybe something with allowing tilted plane features. Could not find one as of now.

I don't have the code with me right now, but imagine something like

t1
g17 g20 g40 gxx gxx g90
toolpath1

g17 g20 g40 gxx gxx g90 < ---- alarming here, and when commented () out everything works fine.
toolpath2

Thanks,

Messing with 5X posts can be a different animal, and I urge you to proceed with caution.

That being said, you're looking for coding in the null tool change block of the post (ptlchg0$). sgplane0, sginch, sgccoff, sgabs - something like that in one line, which you might be able to comment out in the post to omit it.

Messing with 5X posts can be a different animal, and I urge you to proceed with caution.

+1
Also make a copy of your original and only edit the copied version until you have it how you want it. And keep the original just in case.

Back