What's new
What's new

Mazatrol Nexus - PLC Chuck Sensor Parameter Makes Synchronized Rotation Illegal?

Isak Andersson

Aluminum
Hello. I finally gave up on the chuck sensors because they were driving me nuts so I change the PLC parameters to use timers instead on both the main and the sub. However, now it seems I can't use synchronized rotation anymore. M511 (Start of synchronized rotation) used to be fine but now it's giving me error 257 Illegal M-Code. Can someone explain to me how these two things are related at all? Doesn't seem to make any sense to me. Do I need a different M-Code to use timers instead of sensors and if so, which M-Code?

edit:
I tested all the M-Codes I could find that relate to synchronous rotation. Theres like a dozen of them for some unexplained reason. The only one that worked was M512 (Start of synchronized rotation with the secondary spindle as the main). So synching with the sub is fine but not the main because reasons.

Last edited:
Are you sure you changed the right parameters? The chuck position should have nothing to do with syncing. What parameters did you change?

Back