What's new
What's new

Mazatrol Nexus - Synchronys Rotation with Sub as Master Changes Offset. Why?

Isak Andersson

Aluminum
Hello. This is a weird problem I can't really make sense of. When I use the main spindle as master during synchronous rotation, everything works as expected but when the sub-spindle is selected as master the offset changes by about -500 mm. Is this a programming error on my part? A parameter? What's going on here?

Sync Offset Error.jpg

The reason I ask is that I have been getting a Spindle Controller Malfunction alarm when using the main as master. I wanted to try using the sub as master to see if this makes a difference.

Spindle Controller Malfunction alarm - that means nothing. You need to go to DIAGNOSTIC screen and see what number as alarm your spindle amplifier reports back to NC. Otherwise...what is malfunction?

Spindle Controller Malfunction alarm - that means nothing. You need to go to DIAGNOSTIC screen and see what number as alarm your spindle amplifier reports back to NC. Otherwise...what is malfunction?
Well, that's not really what I'm asking about. My question was why the work offsets get messed up when I use the sub-spindle as master during synchronous rotation. But since you brought it up, this is what the alarm list says about the error.

204 - SPINDLE CONTROLLER MALFUNCTION
Cause - An alarm occurred at spindle controller.
Action - Turn off the main power breaker and then turn it back on.
If the alarm is not released, please contact Mazak Technical Center or Technology Center.

Not really helpful, is it?

well offset is something different but would you get spindle malfunction alarm? This 204 is MAZATROL alarm, I was wondering what was exactly the Spindle ( Mitsubishi ) alarm? See attached picture, I circled it . It is going to be a number. Two digits.

Attachments

• IMG20230119105716.jpg
    IMG20230119105716.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 10
This 204 is MAZATROL alarm, I was wondering what was exactly the Spindle ( Mitsubishi ) alarm? See attached picture, I circled it . It is going to be a number. Two digits.
Sorry, I couldn't find the page you showed in the image. How do I get to this page?

204 Spindle Controller Malfunction.jpg

I think you gonna have to use 1131 mode or somewhere there is button to activate all screens on your control. But anyway, the spindle alarm is 52 ( it is in brackets) which is excessive error in servo mode. It doesn't like to go from spindle control to servo control. What about main spindle C-axis mode? Can you connect C axis and move it in manual mode or MDI? It has something to do with main spindle feedback. Is your spindle amplifier MDS-DH series?

press SMART and go into EXPERT mode ( looks like you are in SMART MAZATROL mode) to see spindle and servo diagnostic. It is helpful to see servo alarm history.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Untitle2d.jpg
    Untitle2d.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
What about main spindle C-axis mode? Can you connect C axis and move it in manual mode or MDI?
Yes, the C-axis works on the main. Sub-spindle doesn't have a full C-axis though, only drilling is allowed, no milling.
Is your spindle amplifier MDS-DH series?
Yes.
press SMART and go into EXPERT mode ( looks like you are in SMART MAZATROL mode) to see spindle and servo diagnostic.
Not sure what SMART or EXPERT mode is. Could you explain how to do that?

It is weird that C axis is operational and you still have Alarm 52. Not clear.
I am not sure about the offset of 500mm, sure somewhere either a parameter or setting to set it up, but main spindle alarm 52 is very strange indeed. At what exactly moment in time it happens?

Attachments

• IMG20230127080604.jpg
    IMG20230127080604.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG20230127080609.jpg
    IMG20230127080609.jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
At what exactly moment in time it happens?
When I'm trying to part of a bar, as soon as the tool touches it, it alarms out. Not all the time, it's a bit random.

I don't think I have those buttons on my controller. I'm on a Nexus controller from 2011.

Back