What's new
What's new

memory card error "1010"???

spock

Stainless
everything was going as normal, running dnc from a CF card on OI-MC. Reposted a program and inserted the card, switched to "remote" mode, and now, all I get is a "memory card error 1010", which I have not been able to track down in the book. I did try another card that was also working fine. Same error, so I am not leaning toward a bad card. Restarted machine, reformated card at the pc, still get the alarm. Might be easier to diagnose if I knew what the alarm was. Any help is greatly appreciated.

PBMW

Titanium
Just looked through all my Fanuc books and found nuttin bout an Alarm 1010.
Looked in the Sharp book and didn't see anything there either.
Call LA. they will have you an answer in a couple minutes

spock

Stainless
I went thru the books, same result. I fiddled with the control, it finally told me to format my card, even though it is not giving me the alarm for that (136 I think).

So, I found the instructions for formatting the card, go to "system monitor main menu" and select the format option. Only problem is, I cant find that page.

Does anyone know where "system monitor main menu" is, and how to get there? what mode do I need to be in?

I can call sharp in LA in the morning, but I dont like waiting for the sun to hit California. I lose a few more hours that I cant afford to lose.

tncnchub

Plastic
Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 Error Codes are caused in one way or another by misconfigured system files in your windows operating system.

If you have Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 errors then we strongly recommend that you Download (Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010) Repair Tool.

This article contains information that shows you how to fix Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 both (manually) and (automatically) , In addition, this article will help you troubleshoot some common error messages related to Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error code that you may receive.
Note: This article was updated on 2016-07-11 and previously published under WIKI_Q210794

Contents
1. What is Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error?
2. What causes Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error?
3. How to easily fix Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 errors

What is Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error?

The Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error is the Hexadecimal format of the error caused. This is common error code format used by windows and other windows compatible software and driver vendors.
This code is used by the vendor to identify the error caused. This Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error code has a numeric error number and a technical description. In some cases the error may have more parameters in Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 format .This additional hexadecimal code are the address of the memory locations where the instruction(s) was loaded at the time of the error.

What causes Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error?

The Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error may be caused by windows system files damage. The corrupted system files entries can be a real threat to the well being of your computer.
There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors. An incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware. It can also be caused if your computer is recovered from a virus or adware/spyware attack or by an improper shutdown of the computer. All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows system files. This corrupted system file will lead to the missing and wrongly linked information and files needed for the proper working of the application.

How to easily fix Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 error?

There are two (2) ways to fix Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010 Error:

Advanced Computer User Solution (manual update):
1) Start your computer and log on as an administrator.
2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.
3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option and then click Next.
4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list, and then click Next.
5) Click Next on the confirmation window.
6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.

Novice Computer User Solution (completely automated):
1) Download (Fanuc Memory Card Error 1010) repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.

How does it work?
This tool will scan and diagnose, then repairs, your PC with patent pending technology that fix your windows operating system registry structure.
basic features: (repairs system freezing and rebooting issues , start-up customization , browser helper object management , program removal management , live updates , windows structure repair.)

Mickey_D

Stainless
If you are using a CF card in a PCMCIA adapter card, the adapter might have toasted (broken pin or bad contact). Try reseating the adapter card or try a different one if you have a spare (I always keep a spare of that and CF cards). If the CF card formatting is messed up it should be detected by the PC when you insert it, and then the Windows will try to do a scan and repair (when I see this a lot on cards I switch them out to another). I love how Fanuc still uses this fragile 20 year old technology...

spock

Stainless
wow, a helpful reply and it only took 8 years......good thing I was not in a hurry!

IIRC the issue was something that my laptop was doing to my memory cards, that Fanuc did not like. I had to reformat all my cards and I was fine.

NAST555

Stainless
If you are using a CF card in a PCMCIA adapter card, the adapter might have toasted (broken pin or bad contact). Try reseating the adapter card or try a different one if you have a spare (I always keep a spare of that and CF cards). If the CF card formatting is messed up it should be detected by the PC when you insert it, and then the Windows will try to do a scan and repair (when I see this a lot on cards I switch them out to another). I love how Fanuc still uses this fragile 20 year old technology...

I know it's an old thread but loads of my cards bring that up when plugged into windows... I say NEVER let windows scan and repair... It screws with the card. Just click continue as normal and the card lasts for quite a while. I have also not had much success formatting it at the control. From what I remember when you start the control up you hit a button and it takes you to that setting screen to format a card. Whenever I did this it screwed the card up even more so I just landed up buying new one's and straight out the box without formatting they work fine.