What's new
What's new

Mikron Machine CAD files

Mfg_Engineer

Aluminum
Hello, I just got a quote from GF on CAD models on out Mikron machines XSM 400 & Vario 600. The price was very steep. Anyone have CAD files of the cutting area of these machines?

Hebrewhammer8

Aluminum
Just as an FYI...

I have gotten cad models from a machine tool builder. The company I worked for at the time paid i think $5k for these models.

When I opened them up for the first time I LOL'd at the quality of the models. Extremely lacking in detail and even a few features I had to add to make the simulation accurate.

Soo all I'm saying is buyer beware! I can model up a machine pretty accurately in a few hours with a tape and some calipers. Then I know its exactly my machine and can rely on the simulation to be accurate and reflect reality.

Good Luck!

pato

Plastic
I have one for the HPM450 which for simulation purposes is basically the UCP vario 600 but the b axis casting and table are a little different. If that is close enough let me know and I will upload it to dropbox or something.

Dan B

Hot Rolled
We've never paid for a CAD model of our machines. I've had to sign an NDA, but the models have always been free. (Apec, Promac, Hermle, Takumi, Awea, YCM and probably a couple others I'm forgetting at the moment). I think someone's trying to make a fast buck off you.

empower

Titanium
We've never paid for a CAD model of our machines. I've had to sign an NDA, but the models have always been free. (Apec, Promac, Hermle, Takumi, Awea, YCM and probably a couple others I'm forgetting at the moment). I think someone's trying to make a fast buck off you.
same, you should never have to pay for a model of a machine you own.
try to make connections and relationships with people, always makes stuff like this easier.