What's new
What's new

Milacron: Would you possibly allow a Fadal forum?

EndlessWaltz

Cast Iron
I will say I bought a Fadal because of BobW and others. I fix shit myself. Hell I have diagnosed stuff without a tech. So why would I pay a guy hours each way to CONFIRM my diagnosis. Also, spindles cost alot on other stuff. The stuff I am making I know I don't need a DMG Mori.
I also refuse to use Facebook. That is where a great Fadal group is , but guess what...is there sticky thread with the FAQ...nope. So every week someone asks the same questions. Also, guys like myself and others can even help with retrofits etc.
I was always curious if that toolchange speed increased if it would out cut a Haas sold today.....

I agree, a Fadal Sub would be worth it. Most subs are long dead. Delete a few, add one. I would prefer advice from real fellow machinists then a hobbyist.

BTW, I bought mine because ..boxway, costs, and a 28in Z versus footprint in the shop. Everything else was bigger and taller.

TheOldCar

Stainless
Why are you posting this ?
Should be a PM to the site owners.

If "you" refers to me, I'm not sure what "this" refers to?
Emails are probably better for the sight owners. Don has repeatedly reminded us not to PM, but email him instead (if that helps to know).
Thankfully he has answered us in this thread very well, too.

My apologies if I'm misunderstanding you.

Philabuster

Diamond
Here is yet another new Fadal thread showing people are still buying these machines and needing help. A Fadal forum would be a nice addition to PM. Again, I nominate Bobw for moderator if he wants the job.

Also, I think it may be time to recombine the archive General threads back into the main General section.

I'm not sure if Milacron is even reading this thread or just trying to let it die.

Philabuster

Diamond
Here is yet another new Fadal thread created over the weekend:

Yes, people still need help running old Fadals. A new Fadal sub forum could come in handy some day.

gustafson

Diamond
True.... Toyoda, Baileigh and Warner & Swasey come to mind... the first two were requests of (at the time) advertisers.. who no longer advertise so I should eliminate them really, just not got around to it. Re Fadal forum, my inclination is to have CNC subforums with 'growth' companies, like Mazak. Fadal seems like one of those machines where the members that have them shrinks every year rather than grows. If that is not the case, let me know and I'll reconsider.

FWIW, I do think a Hurco / Milltronics forum should be added. Thoughts ?

In a way, older less common brands have more need of a forum to help those users.
Most Monarch lathes are over 50 years old, and it is a pretty active sub
Frequently finding information in an information glut is problematic.
Having a dedicated sub forum helps