What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi DWC-110sz alarm U728 water coll.err

Rocha

Aluminum
What mean mean alarm or error U728 water coll.err on Mitsubishi wire edm DWC-110sz. ?

Id have to look it up to be sure, but I think that is the error when the water level sensor in the wire collection basket gets tripped. Usually happens when the pump gets stuck and doesnt pump back to the tank.

The pump is a magnetic drive, so a little bit of build up or just about anything can stop the impeller even though the motor is spinning.

I got tired of fighting it and put a swamp cooler pump in there that runs all the time when the machine is on.

My memory failed me... it was not U728 that is the pump in the wire basket - thats U729. I do not have U728 listed in my error list in the manual. So I do not know what it is.
Wade

I find the answer. It’s is a micro switch in the back of the machine. Wire collecting system. This machine does not have water collector in place, but had a door or grounded cover that is opened with a Pneumatic cylinder with a trigger attached to made the micro switch indicating the machine that is ready to Trow wire In the basket. Thank you for your support.

Now I have another problem on same Mitsubishi DEC-110sz. I can run a program , CNC system is working but there is no spark produced. No contact alarm. Voltage drop On indicator if wire touch the piece , just a small spark at this instant , after that no power or current flow. Wire overpassed the piece , because is not cutting, and somethings wire is stuck due to this, but, does not break. Any trick on programming ? Or something in the power modules. Or a parameter ?

Hi,

Take a look at the power feeders and give new position, also the power feeder cables and ground if anyone is broken.

Is it the water flow running correctly?

Is it happening with new material? Or already with a known one. I would need more info in order to help, please use a material and program you already know and give a try.

Best Regards.

Hi,

Take a look at the power feeders and give new position, also the power feeder cables and ground if anyone is broken.

Is it the water flow running correctly?

Is it happening with new material? Or already with a known one. I would need more info in order to help, please use a material and program you already know and give a try.

Best Regards.
power feeders are worn in all the different indexing positions. I am using the one that nail Barely stick on it. But still no spark. I loaded a program found in another forum for this particular machine but seems that is not recognizing some codes because draw a different form than the drawing the program was based. I am analyzing the proper use of G code G92 and if axis need to be exactly in the reference position defined with edge find before hit start button. I was using programs saved in the memory but for some reasons Epacks are not included into the program lines, so just trace the figure as CNC command with no cutting command. That’s why I am looking for a program that is known ran before on this model. Machine was broke for months , now I am trying to fix it. Operator of this machine is no longer available. Best regards.

Hi,

Try the following program, it is just a straight line to know how the machine is going:

H1=.214; (GAP OFFSET)
G90; ( ABSOLUTE COORD.)
G55; ( USE G55 PROGRAM POS)
G92 X0. Y0.; (INITIAL POSITION, IT WORKS AS A RESET PROGRAM POSITION)
M20; (THREAD THE WIRE)
EXXX FXXX H1; (INPUT YOUR APROX EPACK AND FEEDRATE)
M78 M78; ( FILL UP WORKTANK)
M80 M82 M84; (FLUID ON, WIRE FEED, MACHINING)
G41 G01 X0. Y50.; (G41 COMPENSATION OFFSET, G01 STRAIGHT LINE MACHINING IN THIS CASE IN DIRECTION Y50.)
M02; ( PROGRAM END)

Start the program about 2 mm away from the workpiece, let me know.

Best Regards.

Now I have another problem on same Mitsubishi DEC-110sz. I can run a program , CNC system is working but there is no spark produced. No contact alarm. Voltage drop On indicator if wire touch the piece , just a small spark at this instant , after that no power or current flow. Wire overpassed the piece , because is not cutting, and somethings wire is stuck due to this, but, does not break. Any trick on programming ? Or something in the power modules. Or a parameter ?

Hi Rocha,
You have turned on "Adaptive control" I presume????

I was fixing another issues on same machine.Power feed Wires were corroded. I cleaned and washed with vinagre and replace terminals. Still same issue, voltage raise few seconds , just spark in that few seconds and then no voltage but machine keep moving bending the wire with out contact alarm to make evident that problem. I would like to check all wires coming from and to the machine but no electrical diagram is available on manual I have. I will try to run tomorrow the program you suggested. Adaptive control was On on previous trial.

Last edited:
I done your suggestion testing program provided. Same issue, power is on indicating voltage on meter but as soon as touch the plate voltage drop to zero but machine keep advancing. Machine moves thru the path programmed but did not cut. Wire just keep feeding with out breaking or any contact alarm.

I need to check if machine was properly connected after relocation. Looks like if machine is protecting but no alarm is displayed , like if contact is detected. First thing I need to check the additional ground cables ( two wires E and W) beside the power feed cables that connect the machine and the control. Do you have a electrical diagram or picture that show the connection s?

Does the edge find function work? If not, I saw this problem on a SX20, it was a connector on the AF pcb.

Yesterday I starter removing every single unit of the boards. I got checked and in order the main switching units. Adaptive control is not making any change if it is On or Off. The AF unit, the one below the CNC unit I only checked that connectors are fully seated. I will double check. I am wondering why machine does not stop at least indicating contact. I still not sure if the cables with codes E and W , not the power feed cables , are properly connected, because originally were connected with power feed cables but does not make sense to me. On FA10 power feeders cable are the only connected in the back of Main units. . I think those should be signals when a contact is produced. They are connected to FS unit (on contactor) and DC unit unit on E1-W1 and E2-W2. Those cables are not identified in the other end

I was under the impression that the oscillator board (on the door of the power cabinet) was what controlled that... But dont have confirmation on that.

I will perform an analysis to understand which board is the adaptive control to verify if it’s working as suppose to work ,to move on troubleshoot this lack of spark during travel of programed cutting path. Thank you everybody for your advice.

No progress today. With out an electrical diagram is difficult to troubleshoot this machine. I will need to do a peer review of every single cable and draw a diagram by myself.

Hi Rocha,

As I could read power feeder cables were corroded, if that so not only cleaning the terminals and replacing it does the job, probably more inside the cables are still corroded, also is recommended to change the ground cables when performing the power feeder cable change.

To understand OSC unit gives the pulses to the MAIN UNITS in rough cut and to SUB Unit for skim cuts. The DC Unit is only the doors before powering any MAIN or SUB.
I think to know whats happening for real should use an oscilloscope to see the waveform between electrode and ground, but it's dangerous because any bad connection can burn the oscilloscope and some PCB in the machine. I would take a look in the few info I have again and I will reply as soon I can tell you something. But for now we must make sure power feeder cables, ground and fluid are working well.

Best Regards.

I will try to get new power feed and ground cables set. I am wondering if the oscillator board has something to deal with the problem to control travel feed of the machine if no spark is present. I am talking about OSGA-02-DWC little board attached in the door. Spark is only present the first 3 seconds then after that voltage on meter drop to zero but machine keep advancing according with path programmed. No contact alarm is present. That’s why I am trying to understand if the wires connected in the back of the power racks are correct. The spot VCC and WO in the back of the racks has nothing connected.

Last edited:
Today I review connections on a Mitsubishi CX20. Adaptive control or oscillator board. Signal cable with E/W labels on one side and with a connector in the other side was connected on connector CN-WK. on manual of DWC -110sz that connector is labeled CON-WK (green conector ) does not have any connections. I found on internet the wire harness or Feed Cable with VGA wire with the mating connector to this board but I don’t understand where is this cable on this machine or if there is another connection to feedback oscillator board to take control of the feed rate to control the cut. Somebody has a similar machine to share pictures of this board on cabinet door. Specially if green connector has a harness connectors, the one that goes straight to top head with E/W labels ?

Back