What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi FX20 wire EDM U700 Error

XYZ-Aero

Plastic
We have a Mitsubishi FX20 wire EDM we are selling and have a buyer coming tomorrow to look at. It's a good machine all around and has been well maintained. We need the floor space as we don't use it as often as we would like. Go to fire it up to make sure all is well and It's flashing a U700 WRONG PWR SUP error when I push the "Ready" button which is what normally turns it all on and makes everything work.

If I HOLD the Ready button in it still flashes the error code but everything works fine as long as I'm holding the Ready button.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction as to what might the issue? It was just working fine a few weeks ago when we took video of it working to send to potential buyer.

Please note there are no water tanks to the machine as we returned them. We pulled the float valves and flipped em over so it wouldn't alarm out and can show everything moving which it did fine just a few weeks ago.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

XYZ-Aero

Plastic
Check the resistors on the power control board, somehow one could have worked jts way loose.
One of the magnetic contactors is not holding contact. It just clicks on and off when I push the Ready button. If I hold the Ready button the contactor stays in place.... ??
Im not sure where to locate the resistors on the power control board?