What's new
What's new

Monarch 10 EE Manufacturing Lathe

dagelf

Plastic
I have a mint condition monarch 10 EE lathe with airgauge tracer unit. It comes with three jaw chuckas well as collet closer. I have the manual for it and she's ready to run. Is anybody interested in acquiring this machine from me? I'm located in CT.

Uh boy, if it doesn't have threading box and can't be easily converted to a standard lathe that will be a really tough sell in todays market where you can buy a early 1980's CNC lathe for a thousand bucks sometimes.

This machine has no lead screw, no threading. Very high spindle speed, very accurate. Too clean to be exposed to the dirt and grit that is familiar to all my other machines. This machine could be retro-fit to thread... I think.

The problem with a retrofit is that all the lathes with the parts that you'd need are usually in sellable condition themselves. All of the tracers I've seen have been cannibalized for parts. I'd be interested myself if the price is right...

Make me an offer. I won't sell the lathe and tracer seperately. This is a really nice machine with all its parts. I'm a little in the dark about its value, but I know its worth more than fifty bucks. You can E-mail me at Aol.

I'd reply in email, but you haven't registered an email address. I can check with some folks in the bay area who'll know better than I what the approximate value would be, but shipping would likely be the real killer on any deal. If you have any digital photos feel free to send them to my address.

I'm leaving on a business trip in a little while, it might slow my responses (and will stop email replies as I can't access my home email while I'm on the road).

I'll try to send some pictures. E-mail is [email protected]. I think shipping to NM would be like buying the london bridge and moving it to Arizona. This lathe is 3975 lb. It has a stand alone hydralic unit. I don't think UPS can handle it....

Shipping from SC to AZ via LTL flatbed (no skid or crate required) "business to business" (i.e. loading docks or forklifts both places, and not in residential area) would be about $950, so assume from CT to AZ about the same.

Back