What's new
What's new

Monarch 10ee Moving

It's not like Monarch never said anything:

10ee_lift.jpg

THE LATHE MADE IT HOME TONIGHT! It is still on the trailer and will need to be unloaded but everything was super easy and safe for us and the machine. Will update once its off the trailer.

-Chris

THE LATHE MADE IT HOME TONIGHT! It is still on the trailer and will need to be unloaded but everything was super easy and safe for us and the machine. Will update once its off the trailer.

-Chris

Chris,

I think i talked to you about buying this on Home machine Shop a couple weeks ago?
I know it's the same lathe but not sure if the same person.

-Hunter

Chris,

I think i talked to you about buying this on Home machine Shop a couple weeks ago?
I know it's the same lathe but not sure if the same person.

-Hunter

I did not talk with you. What were the questions about the lathe? The seller said it had some electrical issues but I have not hooked it up to start troubleshooting.

-Chris

Screenshot_20210327-195038.jpg

Screenshot_20210327-195237.jpg

Chris,
I'm not sure if you're on Facebook or not, but this guy was supposed to buy that a couple weeks ago but I guess he backed out. This is on the Home machine shop Facebook group.

I actually just bought one with similar symptoms as yours. Hoping to get it running soon.

-Hunter

View attachment 317569

View attachment 317570

Chris,
I'm not sure if you're on Facebook or not, but this guy was supposed to buy that a couple weeks ago but I guess he backed out. This is on the Home machine shop Facebook group.

I actually just bought one with similar symptoms as yours. Hoping to get it running soon.

-Hunter

Wow I really lucked out! Not sure why he would back out. I saw the listing 12mins after it was posted and almost sh!t my pants. The lathe has some switches that I’m pretty sure lock the machine if the chuck key and cam lock key are not inserted.(seen on the control panel about the headstock. One of the switches does not seem to work and doesn’t click. I also found some notes from 3/17/99 (2 weeks after I was born ��) that states the lockout was not working properly. Once I get the machine under power I’m going bypass the switches.

The guy I bought it from also thinks that one of the tubes is bad. Luckily it’s the small one which does not cost much.

Backgear issue is related to yet another lockout this time in the form of an electronically activated pin that locks the backgear lever when the machine is off or the spindle is spinning. When I press the pin down by hand the lever shifts fine. My guess is the issue would be fixed if the key lockout switches are working properly.

EDIT: Just check and noticed the listing in the picture was on Mar 12. That is the same day it was listed and I committed to buying it. I called the seller and set up a meeting for the following Sunday where I paid him. I came back the Saturday after to pick it up.

94FC75CB-A9E9-421A-BB61-686E568B4A58.jpg

Wow I really lucked out! Not sure why he would back out. I saw the listing 12mins after it was posted and almost sh!t my pants. The lathe has some switches that I’m pretty sure lock the machine if the chuck key and cam lock key are not inserted.(seen on the control panel about the headstock. One of the switches does not seem to work and doesn’t click. I also found some notes from 3/17/99 (2 weeks after I was born ��) that states the lockout was not working properly. Once I get the machine under power I’m going bypass the switches.

The guy I bought it from also thinks that one of the tubes is bad. Luckily it’s the small one which does not cost much.

Backgear issue is related to yet another lockout this time in the form of an electronically activated pin that locks the backgear lever when the machine is off or the spindle is spinning. When I press the pin down by hand the lever shifts fine. My guess is the issue would be fixed if the key lockout switches are working properly.

EDIT: Just check and noticed the listing in the picture was on Mar 12. That is the same day it was listed and I committed to buying it. I called the seller and set up a meeting for the following Sunday where I paid him. I came back the Saturday after to pick it up.

View attachment 317582

Thats awesome man! You got a hell of a deal if it was the price I think. Good luck getting it running, I'm hoping to have mine going soon as well!

-Hunter

This is how I got my lathe off of the trailer. If you have a real engine hoist, it's pretty easy. Just pick and have the wife drive the trailer out from under it.

10ee lift05.jpg
10ee lift06.jpg
10ee lift08.jpg

Glad you, the wife, and the lathe made it home safe! Please post some real pics when you get time, those look like they were taken from the other endzone on a football field.;)

Back