What's new
What's new

Monarch 10ee Tracer Lathe

alcro1998

Cast Iron
SO I am a Monarch ADDICT and there is a tracer 10ee near me for sale. I was wondering what I would need to replace or take off in order to convert it back into a normal 10ee if that is even possible. From the looks of it, I think it will only take getting a new cross slide and removing all the tracing stuff but I have not seen it in person.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Monarch tracers were able to be turned off so thge lathge could be run. Converting back to a EE without a tracer would require the top slide to be replaced and there might need some additional changes. If the tracer is functional, it might be cool to have as it would allow to do repeat work or complicated contour work.

John

I’ll have to go take a look in person. One thing I did consider was the potential for a lot of wear. I’d probably just go an take all the tracer parts off since I would t really need the tracer system.

Thanks for the replies.

My first square dial was a tracer from United Airlines. I pulled off the tracer and did the conversion, but that was mid-90's. As I recall, it needed these parts: a cross slide and a base for the compound. I don't recall if the cross slide screw from the tracer also needed to be replaced, but it might.

Back