What's new
What's new

Monarch 16CY Restorations Group

marka12161

Hot Rolled
I notice a number of folks on the forum have, are or will be restoring or repairing their monarch 16 CYs. I thouhgt it might be useful to start a thread where each of us can post "who am I and what is the scope of my restoration". The thinking is not to create a sigle thread documenting all restorations. Rather create a collector point with links to existing or future threads that are relvant. The idea will either take off or die on the vine.

I'll start; I'm restoring a 1941 16CY x 54. Do date i have completely disassembeld the machine, have had the ways and cross slide dovetail ways on the carriage reground. I also had the carriage v ways milled is preperation for turcite. I also disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt (new bearings) the apron and taper attachment. Next steps are to do the same to the QCGB and headstock. Once these major components have been rebuilt, i'll reassemble the machine and begin the process of scraping in the saddle, cross-slide and compound. I also need to address wear in the tailstock skid. I'll look for any posts i've generated on this work and provide links to same below.

M

rabler

Cast Iron
There is a couple sticky threads with links in the stickies. Why not ask Cal or TGS to add this thread to that once you've collected your posts? Otherwise there are multiple independent resources, which defeats the purpose.

marka12161

Hot Rolled
There is a couple sticky threads with links in the stickies. Why not ask Cal or TGS to add this thread to that once you've collected your posts? Otherwise there are multiple independent resources, which defeats the purpose.
Good point. Post has been up for a while with no apparent interest. Probably makes sense to just let it go