What's new
What's new

Monarch CK 16 Lathe FS

RC Mech

Stainless
Monarch CK 16 lathe, 1946 vintage? I’ll have to check the year. 45” between centres (have to verify that when I’m back at the shop).

Has spindle reverse done with some kind of huge industrial switch that swaps two phases. No idea if that would have been original.

I know very little about Monarch’s in general, so if there’s a specific part or number you want just ask and we’ll figure it out.

$1000 Canuckistan copeks OBO.

Located in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. PM me here.

Attachments

• IMG_8645.jpeg
    IMG_8645.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_8646.jpeg
    IMG_8646.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_8647.jpeg
    IMG_8647.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_8648.jpeg
    IMG_8648.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8649.jpeg
    IMG_8649.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_8650.jpeg
    IMG_8650.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_8651.jpeg
    IMG_8651.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8652.jpeg
    IMG_8652.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 87
We just want the space back. I’m not sure if parting it out would make sense?

ETA- Mentioned above specific parts or numbers, I meant if a potential buyer wants us to verify something on the machine.

Ideally the entire lathe gets sold to someone who desires to restore or whathaveyou. I do not want to scrap this.

Not an expert but doesn't look like my early '49 12CK. Keep in mind a 12CK would swing 14-1/2 inches over the ways and a 14C would swing 16-1/2 inches. Same all the way up thru the Monarch sizes.

Last edited:
The cam locks on all the monarchs I have seen don't protrude that far from the head stock.

Not that I have seen all that many i guess.

We just want the space back. I’m not sure if parting it out would make sense?

ETA- Mentioned above specific parts or numbers, I meant if a potential buyer wants us to verify something on the machine.

Ideally the entire lathe gets sold to someone who desires to restore or whathaveyou. I do not want to scrap this.
I agree, it would be a shame to scrap it. I have a 16 CY and am doing a (perpetual) major rebuild on it. I had the bed ground as well as the carriage cross slide ways and had the carriage to bed bearing surfaces milled in preperation for turcite . I rebuilt the apron and am ready to rebuild the QCGB next followed by the headstock. I was wondering if you were parting it out because once I get into the headstock I can imagine needing some parts. I'm in Oswego NY, not prohibitively far from you.

Sold to a guy out East in Canada. Appears to have others in his arsenal, not afraid of some restoration work.

All around a good deal for everyone.

Back