What's new
What's new

MOnarch EE on facebook

I was curious about this one and had been messaging the guy. It can be seen under power but I'm a bit far away to check it out. Do you think it's in decent price range without the tail stock? Can you even get a tail stock? I saw one on ebay for $650 but no clue how interchangeable they are.

I sort of do not value machines like this much, the great original MG drive has been re-placed.
I am going to sell the 1983 I/M module drive lathe, that was featured here since 2003, was converted to low voltage, and has run fine ever since.
If you want one, that does the deal, might keep an eye out, I would prefer the new owner run it first, its the way it should be.

There's a Monarch 10ee tailstock on Long Island , New York Craigslist.
The guy is asking $200.
I don't know enough about these lathes to guess if its a match, but worth a look.

There's a Monarch 10ee tailstock on Long Island , New York Craigslist.
The guy is asking $200.
I don't know enough about these lathes to guess if its a match, but worth a look.

There are two "heights", but it's a 2-piece and "of that certain age", for all 10EE, so planning a TS refurb is wise, regardless.

May as well grab the best price. "Zero work" drop-on that "just fits" as-had ain't b***dy likely. There will be work to it.

OTOH, once put right, hardly anybody here is likely to live long enough to see it need a second refurb. Not a lot of 10EE still running 24 X 6 Wartime emergency work.

Regarding no tailstock, I don't have mine installed on the machine. I drill with the cross slide and like it much better. Paired with a DRO it's a nice improvement on drilling with the tailstock. Maybe not for everyone as you have to have a toolholder to accept the morse tapers and a DRO installed.

I agree with the others that 5k seems quite high for this example.

Back