What's new
What's new

Monarch Series 50

Ultradog MN

Cast Iron
I ran Monarchs 50 years ago and always liked the brand but I sure don't know everything they built.
I get email alerts from Bidspotter when the brand shows up and this one came yesterday.
It looks like a smaĺl/mid sized lathe but with the MG/DC drive like the 10EEs have.
I wouldn't want one - because of the drive, but it looks like an interesting machine.

I have a bunch of old Monarch sales manuals that are like an inch thick but have never seen this in the old ones. Like to early 60's. This looks like a later version of a CK, like a light duty machine. Will see if I have any information on it.

I have a bunch of old Monarch sales manuals that are like an inch thick but have never seen this in the old ones. Like to early 60's. This looks like a later version of a CK, like a light duty machine. Will see if I have any information on it.
Thanks,
I'd be glad to see anything you have on them.

I ran Monarchs 50 years ago and always liked the brand but I sure don't know everything they built.
I get email alerts from Bidspotter when the brand shows up and this one came yesterday.
It looks like a smaĺl/mid sized lathe but with the MG/DC drive like the 10EEs have.
I wouldn't want one - because of the drive, but it looks like an interesting machine.

I don't see any information on the listing about the drive? What makes you think it has an MG drive?

I had a smaller version of that machine years ago. If I remember correctly it was a rebadged import from Korea.

Nothing in my catalogs covered the model 50 but when Googling it kept returning with information from this site. Didn't work in a direct site search but Google had links to pictures and posts from this site. A few guys on here had that lathe model.

Monarch Series 50 built in the 1960s and 70s. Mid size variable speed head lathe. We rebuilt one in early 1990s at Monarch. They are a solid lathe, but the drive can be finicky like the EE.

Back