What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki DuraVertical 5080 Fanuc Oi-MD M198 Sub from USB?

DON CHANDLER

Plastic
Good morning. New member here. I have seen many posts on this issue, but not exactly......
My machine recently had the CRT replaced by DMG/Mori. The original CRT had a RS232 port where we loaded a memory card to run sub programs from. worked fine. replacement CRT only has 2 USB ports.
Is it possible to run a sub program from the USB port via flash drive??? :wall::wall::wall:
I have changed the I/O settings as suggested in other posts, the errors I get are either:
FILE OPEN ERROR 2 (MC3110)
OR
ILLEGAL FILE NAME (MEMORY CARD) (SR1968)
Any help greatly appreciated !

DouglasJRizzo

Titanium
Good morning. New member here. I have seen many posts on this issue, but not exactly......
My machine recently had the CRT replaced by DMG/Mori. The original CRT had a RS232 port where we loaded a memory card to run sub programs from. worked fine. replacement CRT only has 2 USB ports.
Is it possible to run a sub program from the USB port via flash drive??? :wall::wall::wall:
I have changed the I/O settings as suggested in other posts, the errors I get are either:
FILE OPEN ERROR 2 (MC3110)
OR
ILLEGAL FILE NAME (MEMORY CARD) (SR1968)
Any help greatly appreciated !

For the most part, Fanuc will not allow M198 operation from a USB. RS-232 and PC cards, it will.
You may have to have a RS-232 or PC card fitted to the machine.

DON CHANDLER

Plastic
For the most part, Fanuc will not allow M198 operation from a USB. RS-232 and PC cards, it will.
You may have to have a RS-232 or PC card fitted to the machine.

Thank you for your reply. That is the answer I was expecting. One would think that would have been explained when the CRT was replaced by Mori. But, as I am just the idiot that pushes the button, I will let the brains of the operation figure this one out for themselves.
Thanks again for your reply.
DC

DouglasJRizzo

Titanium
Thank you for your reply. That is the answer I was expecting. One would think that would have been explained when the CRT was replaced by Mori. But, as I am just the idiot that pushes the button, I will let the brains of the operation figure this one out for themselves.
Thanks again for your reply.
DC

My pleasure. It's not even a Mori thing, it's Fanuc.