What's new
What's new

MORI SEIKI MV-JUNIOR (Auction find)

DanASM

Hot Rolled
I am browsing over the auctions and saw this come up. I remember talking about these in my haas mini mill thread. I bet this one goes for very little if anyone wants to check it out. Its in the middle of the country too.

I have no room for it or need right now, so dont reccomend it to me.

Looks decent enough. That has the 10M-A control. Memory is a bit limited and DC servos would feed about 140 IPM max.

This would be a superb machine to replace a manual or CNC knee mill.

If you find one of these and the keypad is the membrane style instead of the individual buttons that means it has the 10M-D or 0M control which would make it a much faster and very productive machine.

I came across some more Brownies and its neat to see what else these older shops had for other machinery. Stuff that I dont have or even know about.

I saw a "Cam Grinder" (Brand Name) in a Canadian screw machine shop that was neat recently. Chip spinners are in all the screw machine shops and they look like the old machines too. Vibrating tumblers, parts washers, etc. Cool stuff going for pretty cheap, Just have to pay the freight.

I have been seeing a lot of DV-59's and they seem to be going for $500-$1000 (rigged) shipped, even less picked up in a truck and trailer if you pick them up yourself.

Lots of compressors and air dryers, but they dont always go for steals. They hold value fairly well.

I love checking Bidspotter. I had 2 of my servocams running all last week for over 40 hrs of spindle time in 7 days, got me just over $4000 for a weeks pay. I got the 2 machines at auction for $700 (+ a 3rd machine for $300). They cost like $5600 by the time they were in my shop making good parts. They definetly paid for themselves since I got them earlier in the spring.

If I had a forklift that could move more than 5k lbs, I would be looking at machinery that most others cant move easily. I feel like I could flip them for more $ if I could move them at the right times. I can imagine so much old iron gets scrapped just because it needs to be gone.

Looks decent enough. That has the 10M-A control. Memory is a bit limited and DC servos would feed about 140 IPM max.

This would be a superb machine to replace a manual or CNC knee mill.

If you find one of these and the keypad is the membrane style instead of the individual buttons that means it has the 10M-D or 0M control which would make it a much faster and very productive machine.
Good info. I came across a MV-Junior with the MX-3 controller version 08066.3 / 11498.02. Any specifics on that particular set up. Going in a job shop environment.

Good info. I came across a MV-Junior with the MX-3 controller version 08066.3 / 11498.02. Any specifics on that particular set up. Going in a job shop environment.

I know nothing of Yasnac. If you are good at fixing old machines go for it. If not, hold out for Fanuc.

Back