What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki - MV Junior Oil Air Lubricating Unit Error

I don't believe you can write to the 1900 parameters. I think the control may write to them but not sure. The parameter detail manual I have is silent on all of the 1900 level parameters, it jumps from 1890 to 2000. I do know that when I had to do a parameter restore I did not mess with anything in the 1900's.

I don't believe you can write to the 1900 parameters. I think the control may write to them but not sure. The parameter detail manual I have is silent on all of the 1900 level parameters, it jumps from 1890 to 2000. I do know that when I had to do a parameter restore I did not mess with anything in the 1900's.
Yes i think you are right. I am just stumped right now. I feel like i need to do an on off with parameter 1815 to reset zero like i have done on newer hyundai fanuc lathes but 1815 is not quite setup the same way and I do not want to move backwards n not understand why. because i changed too many things at once, Basically z refrences but x and y soft over travel even when i still have quite a bit of table distance to move in one direction or the other. Also in my paper 9100 parameters there is some bits that have been penciled in and I havent found a way to look these up and see what the original setting was and compare that to the chane.

Thanks for the insight.

Yes i think you are right. I am just stumped right now. I feel like i need to do an on off with parameter 1815 to reset zero like i have done on newer hyundai fanuc lathes but 1815 is not quite setup the same way and I do not want to move backwards n not understand why. because i changed too many things at once, Basically z refrences but x and y soft over travel even when i still have quite a bit of table distance to move in one direction or the other. Also in my paper 9100 parameters there is some bits that have been penciled in and I havent found a way to look these up and see what the original setting was and compare that to the chane.

Thanks for the insight.

I had a 10MD Mori with abs encoders and 1815 worked just like newer machines. It was funny because it was a big machine, but it was missing 3" of X travel when I got it- Like yours, it would hit a soft limit before it ever got to the home dog. I went through the 1815 procedure and I got the full travel it was supposed to have.

Boy... it seems like the info in your post 38 has everything you need to know to get this thing moving. Have you tried powering on with Period and Hash Mark held down like it suggests? From my reading, it seems like this is an Incremental machine that oddly enough can retain position after power off. (If things are not moved) My limited experience says that Absolute machines do not need to be Zero Returned after power on. They also don't have Deceleration Dogs but only Hard Overtravel ones. Nor are they bothered with Grid Shift. Perhaps all this is different on older controls. From the reading you can forget 1815 as setting Zero Position like it does on a newer? Absolute Encoder machine. It has a different function on yours.

I would put my machine in Metric mode while trying to get this setup. Makes things much simpler. Especially as all the Travel Lengths and specs are in Metric. All the adjustment inputs relating to Machine Position, Home, etc., (the 999999 -99999 stuff) are input in Least Input Increment. Example: 410mm would be input as 410000 in your settings.

It's odd that the info suggest moving the Decel Dogs. I would bet yours are all where they're supposed to be unless someone has already dinked with them.

I don't know... seems like a slow re-read of everything you've got will reveal your solution. Edit in: Meant 1815 not 1851.

Last edited:
Have you tried powering on with Period and Hash Mark held down like it suggests

I would recommend following this step again too before changing parameters just in case something didnt take.

I feel like i need to do an on off with parameter 1815 to reset zero

I am not familiar with the process and others may be able to provide some insight into whether you should try it or not but below is the parameter 1815 detail. It sounds like you are contemplating the APZx bit reset.

If you don't have the full parameter detail manual send me a PM with your email.

1666964306818.png
1666964398059.png

If 1815.5 values for each axis is 1 then you have absolute encoders that will need to set. If 1815.5 are 0 then you have incremental encoders and will have to home the machine everytime it is powered up or taken out of e-stop condition.

Thanks guys, I finally got it to home about a week ago. I opened up soft limit parameters and it was just a matter of knowing how it homes n what to expect without stopping movement out of fear. Now ive got everything seemingly working but the dnc and tool offsets. I believe I want it to be set to c offset type but right now I only have one column if i remember correctly. Thanks again.

Nice to hear you've got it mostly up and running. Note that pretty much every Fanuc Manual ever printed is available somewhere on the www. Just search for it.

On some machines I've seen M51 and M50 control DNC on and off. I think it's a MTB thing but like many M codes, they can be shared across different manufacturers.

You may not be able to reach Type C Offset if the control didn't come with it already on. I managed to get a much newer OMC to 4 column C type but it would not behave properly when called for a tool change. It wanted to head right thru the table all the way to China, and I could not make it not do that. There maybe some tool change Macro B tomfoolery that could correct that functionality, but I didn't have time to figure it out, so went back to 64 single column offsets. A very informative read about many Fanuc things I got off the internet years ago suggested that certain machines that are turned to type C would do just what mine did. So I wasn't completely surprised. You get used to the single column, so don't think it's the end of the world without it. You've got plenty to learn with what you've got already.

Edit in: I see you have a 10M so this may not apply?

Last edited:
Nice to hear you've got it mostly up and running. Note that pretty much every Fanuc Manual ever printed is available somewhere on the www. Just search for it.

On some machines I've seen M51 and M50 control DNC on and off. I think it's a MTB thing but like many M codes, they can be shared across different manufacturers.

You may not be able to reach Type C Offset if the control didn't come with it already on. I managed to get a much newer OMC to 4 column C type but it would not behave properly when called for a tool change. It wanted to head right thru the table all the way to China, and I could not make it not do that. There maybe some tool change Macro B tomfoolery that could correct that functionality, but I didn't have time to figure it out, so went back to 64 single column offsets. A very informative read about many Fanuc things I got off the internet years ago suggested that certain machines that are turned to type C would do just what mine did. So I wasn't completely surprised. You get used to the single column, so don't think it's the end of the world without it. You've got plenty to learn with what you've got already.

Edit in: I see you have a 10M so this may not apply?
I finally got everything lined out and functioning aside from figuring out how to use the DNC that came with the machine.

SOLUTION TO THE LIMITED LENGTH ONLY OFFSETS ON MORI SEIKI - MV JUNIOR WITH FANUC 10M: I enabled offset memory B & C in OP: 9109. I would go more into detail but apparently this is information that should not be mentioned on here.

The machine has a Calmotion USBCNC that came with it. I have been trying for weeks to get this thing to work so I can punch out parameters, load programs etc. but I get a strange screen with memory that comes up when I try to punch out or "SR807 PARAMETER SETTING ERROR". I think I have tried all the combinations of settings but I may be missing something. I have mainly been testing it by doing parameter punch out. The RJ45 To DB25 Plugs into the greenish blue home made looking serial connector, I just had serial to usb plugged into it in pictures because I was also trying to get it to work with my laptop, I was unsuccessful with that setup as well. Now Im wondering if I need an option parameter turned on. I read in one forum that someone had to change option parameter 9108 and claimed that made it work. I tried enabling the external input/output in that parameter but I still get the full screen of info or SR807 parameter setting error. Im not sure what to do next other than making a loopback tester or ordering a serial testing device with the leds?

Attachments

• 20221005_212137.jpg
    20221005_212137.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221005_211849.jpg
    20221005_211849.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221005_211800.jpg
    20221005_211800.jpg
    645.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221005_211738.jpg
    20221005_211738.jpg
    659.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220919_195024.jpg
    20220919_195024.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220919_194957.jpg
    20220919_194957.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 7
  • CamScanner 12-13-2022 17.56_2.jpg
    CamScanner 12-13-2022 17.56_2.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 10
  • CamScanner 12-13-2022 17.56_1.jpg
    CamScanner 12-13-2022 17.56_1.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 10
  • resize-20221212_212728.jpg
    resize-20221212_212728.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 8
  • resize-20221212_212454.jpg
    resize-20221212_212454.jpg
    725.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
If it helps, attached are images of my 5000 parameter settings for dnc that are working for me with dnc4pc. I’m not using a cal motion device so it may not help with that but dnc4pc has a free trial so you could atleast use it to test it out to see if it’s a parameter issue or something with the cal motion device.

When I first set mine up I only set up the parameters for DVC1 but they were needed for DVC2 on mine for the control side rs232 like you showed. I did try a pre made cable that did not work then tried one from Amazon called EZSync and it worked.

Also, the sequence you initiate the dnc transfer matters, doing it out of order will cause a feed rate error. You need to select tape, hit cycle start, then send the program. It will start the program as soon as you hit send on the dnc device. I suggest setting your rapid override to feedrate when trying the dnc for the first time. If your not ready and it’s at 100% you will find out if your offsets are correct real quick.

I know a lot of folks are happy with devices like the cal motion box, but to offer up another idea I put one of those cheap fanless pc’s inside the control cabinet and mounted the on-off switch through a small hole drilled in the side of the case. I then added a monitor above the control and keyboard under it. I have the pc on my wireless network and use one-drive to share my files with my office pc. I do most programming in the office on fusion360 but can make changes at the machine as well as I have fusion on it too and don’t have to scroll through a little screen to find the right program to send.

Attachments

• 48D719AF-08E5-4180-B808-3B40C8D9757A.jpeg
    48D719AF-08E5-4180-B808-3B40C8D9757A.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 12
  • D27DB2E4-FB87-496C-991E-76EC7046CFED.jpeg
    D27DB2E4-FB87-496C-991E-76EC7046CFED.jpeg
    411.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 17BD8C87-C385-4614-82D9-A7A79314E2C9.jpeg
    17BD8C87-C385-4614-82D9-A7A79314E2C9.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 92B039D4-2712-4E91-804B-242233F41ADD.jpeg
    92B039D4-2712-4E91-804B-242233F41ADD.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Also, I meant to note that I received a ram error like that once when running the dnc on a really long program. I think I had exceeded the number of lines the machine can process. I got to like 99,999 and it shit itself. I restarted the control and edited the file to reduce the number of lines and it worked fine after that.

Also, I meant to note that I received a ram error like that once when running the dnc on a really long program. I think I had exceeded the number of lines the machine can process. I got to like 99,999 and it shit itself. I restarted the control and edited the file to reduce the number of lines and it worked fine after that.
Thanks for the info, I have not tried DVC TYPE 5 yet, that could be my problem. I really like the way you have the PC integrated in with the machine controls. My original plan was to drip from my laptop with this connector (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08J2VMNFY?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1). I had no luck so I figured I would fall back on the dnc that came with it since I knew that it had definitely worked at some point for the previous owners before losing parameters. but I may go ahead and do something similar to yours after seeing your setup, if I can manage to get communication going. My focus has been split in half lately between the JR and a QT18N we just bought from NASA but I plan on dedicating a couple weeks to getting the JR clearing carts and making parts.
Mazak Pickup From NASA resize.jpg
The Mazak was missing the chip conveyor, ive been trying to find a replacement if you or anyone else know a good direction to look in for that or any recommendations. I will try your 5000s and see what happens and report back.

Thanks again,

Hunter

Attached are the other relevant settings. Honestly, I don’t know if I’m using the 5 on DVC1 or the 3 on DVC2. This is the first time I have looked at it since I got it to work a while back. I remember it not working with the settings readily available in a google search. If you refer to the section in the parameter manual I sent 3 is not listed as an option, but 5 is which is in conflict with the collective wisdom of the internet.

I actually have a 1992 18N as well. I got it in a package deal with a QT20HP. I have not used the 18N much other than powering it up and shaking some cobwebs out. I am running the QT20 however and they are pretty similar machines.

Does that have the T32-4 control? Mazatrol only or is eia enabled? I don’t have eia on either but on a basic 2 axis lathe it has not caused much headache.

Attachments

• 8E2CD093-ECF3-45E0-BCAA-F8CF9C5BD1EA.jpeg
    8E2CD093-ECF3-45E0-BCAA-F8CF9C5BD1EA.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 3830570D-B625-4599-AD34-25455036FF40.jpeg
    3830570D-B625-4599-AD34-25455036FF40.jpeg
    242.8 KB · Views: 5
I would like to have the actual spindle speed output in the control too. I opened the Z-axis hood and the spindle motor appears to have some kind of feedback device that's called a "pulse generator" and the wires are connected. Shouldn't that be able to do the trick? I changed the parameter for "spindle speed output" from the 9100's and put something for parameters 5610 and 5611. Still nothing. Any ideas what to check or is that not enough hardware to do that, need a separate encoder? I just need it to tap to a more precise depth, doesn't need to be capable of rigid tapping.

I too got the more complex tool offset table and 99 tool offset slots by changing some of the parameters.

Last edited:
Yes but I have a few different versions but for some reason im not seeing all of the data adresses that are included. the last address i can input is 74. here is the seperate paper parameters and then the standard parameters from the manual. This is my first timd working with Fanuc 10MA I have only had experience with i series in the past and never had to reload all parameters so im not confident that i am doing this correctly. Thanks for your help.

View attachment 377148View attachment 377149View attachment 377150View attachment 377151
Hi, I just bought a pc cassette for my machine that's about the same age as yours. These will come in handy. Do you happen to have the explanations for keep relays and timers so that I could compare if they're the same as on my book (newer version)? I would like to deviate from the standard settings some, for example to allow calling the spindle tool, make the air pressure error have more delay than original (because I use the compressor for blowing chips and the tank is very small )and so on.

Back