What's new
What's new

Motor rewinding video. Not getting the translation for the phase difference.

rons

Diamond
Induction Motor Rewinding 36 Slots 3 Phase 6 Pole With Diagram_FULL_HD - YouTube

At time 4:37 the equation that produces "4". That would be the number of stator slots to skip for another pole winding for a different phase.

Not hard to draw a diagram of a stator circle with 36 slots. Then arrange a bunch of semi-circles about the circle. There will be three layers
of these semi-circles which represent the windings. The phase difference is 4 slots. Having some trouble understanding the equation.

It looks easy to do a rewind on a 3 phase 6 pole motor (1750 rpm). Just wind 18 loose coils about some dowels on a board. Insert them and connect some wires.
The hard part is finding the supplies like stator liners, varnish, etc.

Phil in Montana

Stainless
I have rewound motors all my life... this is the poorest vid I have seen. First be a copycat...what comes out goes back in. Take data before you strip the frame. It is not hard to find the supplies if you are doing this all the time, just hard to find supplies in small amounts. If you have a way to ship varnish I have lots, just a maj fight to ship. And your form will be 6 dowels not 4 for winding. and only the coils for 1 pole group not 4...Phil

rons

Diamond
Ok, I figured out that the equation:

(120 * 6)/180 = 4

It's a ratio of the next phase position in a half cycle. Multiplied by the distance between coils. ? There sure are a bunch of motor repair videos on youtube.
Some of the people have bare feet.

johnoder

Diamond
There is a 72 (865 RPM and 10 HP) slot here if some one wants to play. Its only about 400 Lbs, from Westinghouse about 1917

Free for pick up

rons

Diamond
I have rewound motors all my life... this is the poorest vid I have seen. First be a copycat...what comes out goes back in. Take data before you strip the frame. It is not hard to find the supplies if you are doing this all the time, just hard to find supplies in small amounts. If you have a way to ship varnish I have lots, just a maj fight to ship. And your form will be 6 dowels not 4 for winding. and only the coils for 1 pole group not 4...Phil

When the supply guy says I can sell you 500 or this or 500 feet of that the message is clear.

If you run across a winding video that is in English and the place is not a dirt floor, let us know.