What's new
What's new

MT3 &MT4 Taper shank drill bits for sale or trade

marka12161

Hot Rolled
I have a fairly large lot of taper shank drill bits that are excess to me. My price is $7 each + shipping in quantities less than 10, $5 each + shipping in quantities of 10 or greater. I'm also open to trades for NMTB 50 taper tooling, end mills, micrometers, parallels etc. I'm a hobbyist and all of my equipment is antiquated so not necessarily looking for carbide. A link to my list of initial inventory is below. I want to make this as simple as possible so i'll take checks for small quantities, checks or paypal for larger quantities.

Bits are in good to excellent condition with some surface rust and the usual shop grime. Let me know what you might want and i'll send pics so you can assess condition of the specific bits.

Thanks
Mark

Drill_Bits_9.26.18 - Google Sheets

thermite

Diamond
I have a fairly large lot of taper shank drill bits that are excess to me. My price is $7 each + shipping in quantities less than 10, $5 each + shipping in quantities of 10 or greater. I'm also open to trades for NMTB 50 taper tooling, end mills, micrometers, parallels etc. I'm a hobbyist and all of my equipment is antiquated so not necessarily looking for carbide. A link to my list of initial inventory is below. I want to make this as simple as possible so i'll take checks for small quantities, checks or paypal for larger quantities.

Bits are in good to excellent condition with some surface rust and the usual shop grime. Let me know what you might want and i'll send pics so you can assess condition of the specific bits.

Thanks
Mark

Drill_Bits_9.26.18 - Google Sheets

PM email just sent on a large lot of those - presuming they aren't just scrap.

Perfection not expected. It's only holes.

marka12161

Hot Rolled
Thank you to all who showed interest. I'll fill requests on a first come first served basis. It'll take a couple of days to get through all the sorting and figuring out shipping but hopefully i'll be able to get everything shipped within a week. Then i'll take stock of what's left and post the list of what ever is remaining.

Mark

MeanMachine1980

Aluminum
Hello Mark

Is your PM box full or are my emails getting thru to you? I would like a couple sizes if they are still available.

Thanks

thermite

Diamond
If you've sent me a PM asking for some of these and we've not corresponded by email, please check your PM inbox.

Drills came in today, Mark.

Usable, no complaints. I just need to use a different one of my (many) sleeves for the 5 MT nostril on the AB5/S than discussed and expected.

Thought I'd give you a heads-up:

All those you had listed as MT 4 are actually MT 3, the MT 3 are actually MT 2. The handkerchief sampling of teeny-tiny ones are not MT 1, they are MT ZERO.

Aside from an extensive collection of sleeves and adapters as I harbour, here is a chart:

Dimensions of Standard Tapers - LittleMachineShop.com

As said, not an issue for me.

I stock sleeves, minimum two-each range, and many that cover two or three step-downs in one go for less stacking error. The working part of the drill is what matters.

OTOH, those who might not have a 4 MT or 3 MT "hole", but one-size-down, rather, might be more interested once you correct the sizes of the remaining stocks. I have a few Sculley-Jones MT UP size adapters too, but those buggers involve serious "stick out", so at least the error falls more toward the usable side than the reverse.

:)

Last edited:

lectrician1

Hot Rolled
Did I miss your email with the paypal info?
i would like 10 of the MT3 bits
one of each available
thanks
Rich
my tailstock is mt3 so that is what i need

thermite

Diamond
Did I miss your email with the paypal info?
i would like 10 of the MT3 bits
one of each available
thanks
Rich
my tailstock is mt3 so that is what i need

If you do not already have these, I also recommend three types of sleeve, MT 3 reducing to MT 2.

- One type is solid, works fine when the goods both sides of it are perfect or near-as- dammit.

- Second type is is split, tightens the grip under longitudinal pressure.

- Third type resembles a tight-laid coil spring ground to MT ID and OD because it IS a coiled spring. These will grip even damaged MT shanks as far as drive torque goes.

Concentricity is still no better than as-had, but that isn't always a show-stopper where reaming or boring will finish-up.

2C, and several MT holes worth.

marka12161

Hot Rolled
Bill,

Needless to say i owe you (and others) an apology. As you can tell, i'm a bit of a newbie. I spent a considerable amount of time sorting and organizing the pile and neglected to pay attention to the most fundamental dimension. Somewhere in here there's an interesting lesson in human failure mode. If you would like, I'd be happy to give you a full refund and pay for return shipping. If our roles were reversed i'd be frustrated at best. If you want to take me up on this, please email me.

Thanks
Mark

marka12161

Hot Rolled
Error in MT sizes

All,

As Bill (Thermite) pointed out, i made an error in listing MT3 drill bits as MT4 and MT2 as MT3. If you've been the victim of my inattention, I apologize. If you would like to return what you may have already received for a refund, please let me know and i will send you the refund and pay for return shipping.

If you've currently got a request in to me and i haven't sent it out yet, it'll take me a day or two to figure out what i have and get a package together for you.

If you want a refund, please send me an email or PM.

Sorry
Mark

thermite

Diamond
Bill,

Needless to say i owe you (and others) an apology. As you can tell, i'm a bit of a newbie. I spent a considerable amount of time sorting and organizing the pile and neglected to pay attention to the most fundamental dimension. Somewhere in here there's an interesting lesson in human failure mode. If you would like, I'd be happy to give you a full refund and pay for return shipping. If our roles were reversed i'd be frustrated at best. If you want to take me up on this, please email me.

Thanks
Mark

"As already sorted". no harm in my case whatsover. My "holes" for all this are MT FIVE, and I had long ago purchased more than one style of adapter - multiples of each, actually - for one, two, and three step-downs at a go. No harm, here. Glad to have a few more drills at a painless price.

Regards - and thank you for expeditiously looking after those who may have less flexibility.