What's new
What's new

Multiple Part programming in Solidworks CAM + outputting Subroutines to HAAS creating error

motofish84

Plastic
So I have been stumbling my way through Assembly machining in SW CAM Pro. I have imported my original toolpath from part mode for each of the three matching parts in assembly mode.

The layout is three matching stocks in a set of vise jaws. I have set SW CAM to output subroutines for "all operations" and post processed using the built in HAAS VF3 post processor.

However, when I upload the program I get an error when executing it in Graphics mode on the HAAS control. The error is "Subroutine not in memory"

Am I missing something?

Also, I am new to multiple part machining so please go easy. Just confirming, When setting a part origin / offset for each part in the control, I input that into G54, G55, G56 etc?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Tyler

Last edited:

SeymourDumore

Diamond
What does you subroutine call look like?
Haas uses M97 Pnnnn for local sub calls, where Pnnnn refers to a block Nnnnn residing within the same program.
If your post outputs an M98 Pnnnn, then there must be a separate program within the memory called Onnnn

motofish84

Plastic
It is outputting an M98 Pnnnn

I see the Onnnn farther down in the code but I guess I'm still not understanding why it wouldn't recognize the sub down the line?code snip.jpg

SeymourDumore

Diamond
You should absolutely be able to change the post, but the code above should also run fine, assuming all the G98 P numbers have a corresponding O number associated with it and the % separators are present.

But now I am having a sinking thought of something about the NGC not properly registering the individual subprograms when loaded from the network perhaps ...
I don't use subprograms only subroutines so can't tell you if that is the case, though could test it ...