What's new
What's new

My model locomotive shop

Andypullen

Plastic
Good afternoon All!
I was a long time member that hasn't been very active for about 10 years. In 2020, I built a building for my home shop. 20' x 36' pole barn...yeah, I know. Not big enough! I've been working in the trade since 1983. My first lathe was a Clausing 4901 10" x 24" purchased in 1992. I've added a number of machine tools since then.
Photo 1 shows the kind of locomotives that I build. I do have some HO stuff and a little Lionel stuff. But, most of what I do at home is called Live Steam. I'm running the lead locomotive. It's a fully operational coal burning steam locomotive.
Photo 2 is the Clausing lathe. It came out of the Baltimore city school system. Still has a property tag on it.
Photo 3 is my Reed Prentice lathe. Purchased in 2009. It's been a great machine. The picture is from HGR in Euclid, OH. She's quite dirty now.
I also have a Hardinge speed lathe and a Haas TL-1. And a Bridgeport clone with a ProtoTrak AGE2 control on it and a K&T 2K plain horizontal milling machine. A Sheldon 12" shaper, a Sanford MG surface grinder and an assortment of other tools.
Thanks for looking!
Andy Pullen

Attachments

• railfest.jpg
    railfest.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Clausing.jpg
    Clausing.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 42-632-128.jpg
    42-632-128.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 115
Wootten.

Always happy to see a live steam engine and shop!

L7

on edit, can’t get the song ‘fat bottom girls, you make the rockin world go round’ out of my mind :-)

Last edited:

Back