What's new
What's new

My Radio Silence

Limy Sami

Diamond
Plain and simple ;- following ''many years of digestive system problems'' (you don't want to know the fine details :( ) it was discovered I have bowel / colon cancer, the treatment of which will be in 3 phases, the 1st of which completed Oct 19th.

It's still too early to know the fine details - a work in progress.

Feeling as sick as I did and confined to bed (and bathroom) at home, much more than staying alive was more than I could face.

However, now things are moving forward, I have a bit of a pathway out of this swamp and am feeling more positive (along with more energy etc etc etc) so I will endeavour to join in the general rough house that is PM.

Finally many many sincere thanks to the private messages etc etc from PM ers all over the world.

Or put another way ;- I'm still here :D

Good luck Sami, you got this. Having had to deal with plenty of my own shitty health issues and the mental ones that come with, I know how that goes. Good that you've made it out to where you have at least a nice view of the other side. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any postings from you lately. Figured you were just a busy bee.

Best of luck to you Sami. My dad was diagnosed with colon cancer at the age of fifty and lived another thirty years and did just fine. You can beat this.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Sami. I really enjoy and learn from your posts. I see this as a reminder to stop procrastinating and schedule my overdue colonoscopy!

Good luck with it all. I have enjoyed your postings of good practical experience. I heard yesterday on the radio that now people getting chemo wear an ice cap. this prevents the hair follicles from overheating and they still have 80-90% of their hair after chemo.
I get probed the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
Bill D

Limi Sami one of the PM members I've always held in the highest regard
Best of thoughts and prayers towards your way
Hit it with that big hammer....

Keep us posted, if venting on this forum makes you feel better, go for it!

Mike

Wish you the best and hope for a speedy operation and recovery.

Beware the "chemotherapy" pills, its just money making snake oil. Surgical removal and focused radiation are the only proven ways to destroy cancerous growths.

To everybody who doesn't have colon cancer: fast twice a year for at least 48 hours, preferably 72 hours. You need to do that to make your digestive tract whisker clean so your body can heal up and do house cleaning. You need to give your cilia a break every so often, so they can get clean, and take a rest.

Hiya Limy, good to hear you're still topside!

But really bummed [dammit, you told yourself no bad-taste puns!] to hear this is why you've been incommunicado. I'm happy that you're in a system where you can get the care you need, and hope that the process is as pain and annoyance free as possible.

Give us updates and "normal" posts when you can...

Glad to see you back but sorry to hear of your prognosis. Wishing you all the best. You were missed by us all.

Thank you very much guys, your best wishes have worked wonders.

And for those who want to know the details ;-

****ICKY BIT WARNING ****

As far as I know, (and I don't know all the techy terms!!!) the lower bowel / sigmoid colon has a large tumor, which stopped me pooping and is going to be treated thus.

1st stage - Stoma / colostomy - which has been done (and I'm ''getting along with okay'' - IMHO changing a baby's diaper is a lot worse.)

2nd stage - Chemo and radio therapy to kill as much of the cancer as possible - I see the oncologist 2nd Nov.

3ed stage - Surgery to remove the rumour and ''most of the lower bowel'' (my surgeons words)

My ETA for the final surgery is about the end of January '22.

Take care guys.

PS If your pooping habits change - GET DOWN THAT DOCTORS OFFICE as PDQ as you can.

Back