What's new
What's new

Mystery device

miszcz310

Plastic
Hello!
This is my first post!
As some people I like to buy old "mystery" equipment cheap, especially if it is analog in it's nature.
However, this time I am completly lost. I bought something that was advertised as "microscope/optimeter". It doesnt look like either.
Below I am attaching some picture of the beast. If anyone could help me identify what it may be, I would be very greatful.
IMG_20220313_122847.jpgIMG_20220313_122920.jpgIMG_20220313_123002.jpgIMG_20220313_122944.jpgIMG_20220313_123014.jpg
If you would look through the "maim" eyepiece you can see this angle graduation and ring of green dots. If you look through additional eyepice you see scale which corresponds to sharpness of green dots. this is sclaed from -25 to +25 of something. Both, additional, base scale and green dots are only visible when the light is on. The green dots are only visible when the additional scale reads '0'
Hope I can get some answers, best regards,
Chris

Great! Thank You so much. Actually today when I woke up I thought it has to do with something transparent and at first I thought lenses for glasses.
Anyway, once again thank You very much!
Best regards,
Chris

You're welcome. I have a habit of collecting neat gadgets too. It's a pretty safe bet that if it says Zeiss it's going to be good quality as well. Hope that you find a use for it. Und willkommen zum PM! :D (Saw your notes auf Deutsch).

My first guess would be some sort of device that an optician uses for inspecting lenses to find/set optical centers or similar. Could be for glasses or cameras or telescopes or who knows what. yep, looks like a Zeiss/Winkel Focimeter.

Wow! Seriously, I'm impressed, that's obscure.

It's a Vertometer. I've seen a couple for sale - most of them made by Zeiss. Here's a video how to set up a modern one:

Back