What's new
What's new

Need a STL of an ar15 upper forging

Law Weapons

Plastic
Hello,

Anyone know where to get a STL file of a raw AR15 Upper Forging. looking to make some soft jaws and want to use combine in fusion to cut some out.

Thanks

You might try searching the internet. There are lots of models out there.

Also, an STL file may not be an ideal model format in F360 to define the pocket in your jaws.

There are CAD files of AR15's available - and maybe you can offset faces to make it bigger for the casting?

Google fosscad mega - if it's not in their depository, it may not exist.

Hello,

Anyone know where to get a STL file of a raw AR15 Upper Forging. looking to make some soft jaws and want to use combine in fusion to cut some out.

Thanks

You need to know what brand of forging you are going to be using or it won’t be right
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the reply s,

precisionmetal's What format of file do you suggest?

Here is a photo of the forging 2020-06-08 09.03.32.jpg 2020-06-08 09.03.42.jpg

I downloaded the Fosscad File Thank You and WOW

Personally I would just model the thing up myself. By time you go verify all the dimensions of a model you downloaded you could have just drew one up. I am very skeptical of anything free. Could be some 12 year old calling out the dimensions they think it should be :crazy:

The ones on cncguns are spot on. So far I've made the AR-15 lower with the A3 upper and reamed the breakdown pin holes while it was assembled and was tighter than my Sig and HK's

The 1911 is spot on as well, The Sig-229 was a bit loose but that could have been me using my slide that has well over 30K rounds through it.

As long as that sites been up and I have never seen a bad review I think its ok to go with their models. And nice to have so many formats as well as prints to go with the models.

Back