What's new
What's new

Need help buying new CNC lathe

Hello Everyone,
I have a question and need your help please,
I own 2 CNC milling machines and I was considering buying a CNC turning machine,

Takisawa distributor in my area (EGYPT) recommended for me 2 machines:
NEX-110LY and LA250 LY at exactly the same price (110000$).

and honestly I am new to turning machines and I don't know what is the difference between these
models? are they worth it? are they old models ?

I can't find any thing about these machines on the official website

Please help me decide

Neither of those models show up in their current product line. This lends me to believe they are Taiwan Takisawa products.
I went to the Taiwan Takisawa page and saw them.

I had a Takisawa machining center and it served me well for many years. I am unfamiliar with the lathes but they don't look too bad.
It appears that one (the NEX) is a roller guide machine and the other (the LA) is a box way machine.

I would ask to talk to some customers near you and see the machines in action before proceeding.

All I can say is from my experience Takisawa makes a great durable CNC lathe, I have an old one. I have worked in places long ago that had many of them, they were pretty much bullet proof. Problem is my knowledge of their quality is dated, a lot of companies aren't what they used to be.

I am not well versed with the Taiwan Takisawa products. I work at Yamazen in USA and we distribute the Takisawa Japan line. I know the NEX has linear guide ways and the LA has Box ways. They are both 10" chuck. I am surprised the LA is the same price. Box way is typically more costly. Maybe it's a demo or? If you machine tougher materials such as stainless, inconel, Ti ... you will appreciate the box way rigidity. Takisawa Japan has over 100 years history building turning machines, their core competency. The Taiwan factory came out of the Japan works about 50 years ago and makes good products.

I am not well versed with the Taiwan Takisawa products. I work at Yamazen in USA and we distribute the Takisawa Japan line. I know the NEX has linear guide ways and the LA has Box ways. They are both 10" chuck. I am surprised the LA is the same price. Box way is typically more costly. Maybe it's a demo or? If you machine tougher materials such as stainless, inconel, Ti ... you will appreciate the box way rigidity. Takisawa Japan has over 100 years history building turning machines, their core competency. The Taiwan factory came out of the Japan works about 50 years ago and makes good products.

My dad had a MAC-V1 VMC for years. Made a LOT of parts on that machine.

Back