What's new
What's new

Need Help, cannot open chuck, Machine Not ready

oskar3110

Plastic
Hi,
I got this old Hitachi Seiki HT-25DM Lathe with Fanuc 11 TT-F. I finally got the machine working after 1 year of downtime. Yesterday after a run of parts the machines hydraulic shut off after program end and the machine is now in a alarm state. There is no alarm code or message, and I cannot open the chuck. I cannot start the hydraulics again either.
Anybody have any Ideas?
this is my first CNC lathe so I might have missed some obvious solves..

All help is appriciated!

Is there air in the hydraulic lines?
Do you have enough hydraulic oil in the tank? Is the oil clean?

Hi,
I got this old Hitachi Seiki HT-25DM Lathe with Fanuc 11 TT-F. I finally got the machine working after 1 year of downtime. Yesterday after a run of parts the machines hydraulic shut off after program end and the machine is now in a alarm state. There is no alarm code or message, and I cannot open the chuck. I cannot start the hydraulics again either.
Anybody have any Ideas?
this is my first CNC lathe so I might have missed some obvious solves..

All help is appriciated!
There should be a breaker In the electrical cabinet specifically for the Hydraulic Pump motor. Check that and make sure It Isn't tripped. If It Is and It keeps tripping, you likely have a bad Hydraulic pump motor.

As VTM said, there is a breaker (contactor-breaker) for the hydraulic unit, look at the electrical ladder which should be in the book with your machine, and find this breaker number. See if it tripped off, turn it back on and see what happens when you turn the pump back on again. If it will trip off again, you should check how much of a current the pump motor takes (amperage should be displayed on the pump motor label), if it takes a lot more amps to run the pump, check the motor (bearings can get dry and resist free spinning, or if you can spit it freely, check the motor itself for shortage to the ground and between three phases).
Replace pump or bearings.
Or sometimes the breakers (contactors) goes bad overtime. After investigating the pump motor, if its good - replace breaker.

All of that of course after making sure you have the proper level of hydraulic fluid.

OK, well - the hydro dropping out could just as easilly be the affect, rather than the cause.

How about air?

How about axis overtravel?

Did you cycle the power at the case level and try again?

Did you lose 24VDC?

But sure, maybe your power is a little less than the previous owners?
Are you on 208 or RPC?
Maybe you just tripped the heater (overload) on the motor starter for the hydro pump?
If so, maybe you just need to adjust up the overload amp rating.

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Check the E stops. In my days as an industrial electrician it solved the issue more then once when I was called out for a non operating piece of equipment.

OK, well - the hydro dropping out could just as easilly be the affect, rather than the cause.

How about air?

How about axis overtravel?

Did you cycle the power at the case level and try again?

Did you lose 24VDC?

But sure, maybe your power is a little less than the previous owners?
Are you on 208 or RPC?
Maybe you just tripped the heater (overload) on the motor starter for the hydro pump?
If so, maybe you just need to adjust up the overload amp rating.

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
Thanks for all your replies!
The next day, machine ran again normally, but there is definitely a problem somewhere as this is not the first time this has happened. I shall investigate, but im happy as long as the machine is running.

Back