What's new
What's new

NEED HELP identifying Clark Ross forklift

N8te

Plastic
Hi there, I'm new here and looking for help identifying the model and year of my forklift. I haven't owned it very long and was going to change oil on it but can't find proper ID to track down a filter. Hand scribed onto an ID tag is model no. YR60 y(?)260, serial no.136PI, 6000 lb. Parts stores can't seem to help and not much on google either! Engine is a flathead 6cyl Hercules gas. I will attach photos. Any help Would be appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230119-140806_Gallery-min.jpg
    Screenshot_20230119-140806_Gallery-min.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20230119-140815_Gallery-min.jpg
    Screenshot_20230119-140815_Gallery-min.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20230119-140820_Gallery-min.jpg
    Screenshot_20230119-140820_Gallery-min.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20230119-140827_Gallery-min.jpg
    Screenshot_20230119-140827_Gallery-min.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 35
Fleetgard used to give out a free filter book with a section of all the dimensions......incidentally,flathead Hercules motors generally had bypass filters ,and just about anything in the housing will work,or nothing in the housing wont be harmful.

Thanks john.k, that's good to know. Approximately where would the serial number be located on an engine like this? L1943 N is stamped on the head and close to the bottom right hand side of the block is what looks like a date " 12 04 48 "

Looks like what a mid 50s Chevy 6 with a AC brand filter used. Only part number that I can remember was a "Luberfiner" brand LP-70 or LM70.

back in the day,Hercules had the funny habit of stamping the engine number on an exhaust port ,under the gasket and manifold...........from the bit of the head I can see I d say its a JXB ,or something like that.

I can post more pictures of the engine if that would help. Can anyone make a guess as to the model and year of the machine? I'll attach another photo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230120-143719_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230120-143719_WhatsApp.jpg
    824.7 KB · Views: 14
Napa couldn't or didn't want to help seeing as I couldn't give them proper info about the machine. I gave them the measurements of the filter but they didn't want to guess at it because of micron rating etc etc etc..... Thanks to John.k and JohnEvans I know what I'm going to do with the filter issue. However I would like to know more about the machine for interest sake...

Thats the score now......you must enter car,model,make,year,etc before the computer will let you in.........those kind of bypass filters,the only important fit is the centre stud ...there should be fiber or rubber washers top and bottom a slip fit on the stud,and the hole in the stud should be inside the element..........the filter simply cleans the oil slowly....no change in oil pressure is involved ,the element just gets clogged ,at which point the engine oil gets dirty rapidly......However ,the filter can should be drained (if there is a drain) before removing the element .

The forklift will be 1950s ,.....you probably can still get parts for the motor from the WW2 truck restoration scene...a lot of WW2 trucks had Hercules flatheads,as big as 885cu-in.

Napa couldn't or didn't want to help seeing as I couldn't give them proper info about the machine.
Might want to try a different Napa, find one with an old guy, if there are any left.... Most "auto parts" stores don't have heavy equipment parts in the computer, maybe Napa has a better system that does? Hope you find what you need.

Have you tried Clark?

What is the height and diameter of the filter?

Here is a couple that may work check the size by clicking on quickview.

Might want to try a different Napa, find one with an old guy, if there are any left.... Most "auto parts" stores don't have heavy equipment parts in the computer, maybe Napa has a better system that does? Hope you find what you need.

Have you tried Clark?

I agree that an experienced parts person could help, only I haven't made it to a different store. Might also try local Ag dealerships as I have more parts contacts in that sector, and they have access to a lot of different filter suppliers. No I have not tried Clark. Might be worth a try as well. 👍

The filter I pulled out was 4.25" high and 3.25" diameter with a 1" hole. (not necessarily the correct one). I need to measure the tube in the canister yet because its probably more like 3/4".
What is the height and diameter of the filter?

Here is a couple that may work check the size by clicking on quickview.

Napa couldn't or didn't want to help seeing as I couldn't give them proper info about the machine. I gave them the measurements of the filter but they didn't want to guess at it because of micron rating etc etc etc..... Thanks to John.k and JohnEvans I know what I'm going to do with the filter issue. However I would like to know more about the machine for interest sake...
That's a Napa 1010.

A parts guy explained to me ...I cant just go into the warehouse ,and pick a part from a sample .........the warehouse is automated with un manned parts pickers .......and is dark inside ...........and if that isnt enough....I dont know where the warehouse is !

I would scrap that housing and fab up a mount for a remote filter, and use something big and common, like Wix 51515.

Back