What's new
What's new

Need help with Jones and shipman 1310 cylindrical grinding machine.

NayanJ

Plastic
Hi everyone,
I recently bought Jones and Shipman 1310 Cylindrical grinding machine, but it was without manual. I am not sure about how to swing the wheel head in order to bring id grinding wheel up front. Can anyone help me? Also do you have the manual for the same machine and are okay to share it?
Thanks,
Nayan

Interesting concept, never seen a painted wheel before. Does this cut down on coolant absorption?

Base should swivel, may have to remove liquid welding otherwise known as paint.

Hi everyone,
I recently bought Jones and Shipman 1310 Cylindrical grinding machine, but it was without manual. I am not sure about how to swing the wheel head in order to bring id grinding wheel up front. Can anyone help me? Also do you have the manual for the same machine and are okay to share it?
Thanks,
Nayan
I sent you a message regarding the manual, I have one.

These pages from J&S catalogue No. 69:

The 1310 is an excellent machine for grinding smaller parts, I have used one. Being smaller and lighter, the table and wheelhead are easier to move than the larger 1300/1305 machines.

The one I used didn't have the "Fully Universal" EIUR rise and fall head, just the straight forward external/internal type. The EIUR head is trying to offer tool & cutter grinding, looks like it would compromise normal cylindrical grinding?

J&S 1310.jpg J&S cat pgs 22.jpg

Last edited:
I can see some vertical bolt heads around the base of the wheelhead - worth a try?

It's along time ago, but maybe there is a horizontal bolt that clamps the wheelhead?

I am pretty sure that is how the workhead was swivelled - a single horizontal hex head.

This photo shows a similar wheelhead - how about the handle I have circled? It maybe too high to be the clamp.

Also, look for slots near the base, sometimes there are nuts inside the slots.

J&S 1300 cylindrical 07 - Copy.jpg J&S 1300 cylindrical 05.jpg

looking under the cross slide at the side and at center line of the wheel head protractor find a bolt pointing up, or up at an angle.Where zero/45 or 90 might be)
I cant remember if both sides or just one side. It coud be stuck if setting for a long tome.

Back