What's new
What's new

Need help with Matsuura spindle brake troubleshooting

CPM2014

Cast Iron
I have a Matsuura RA2f with Yasnac i80 control and motors. During tool change, the spindle is not locking (brake). This causes the tool to rotate slightly during change.

Can anyone point me into the right direction?

Does the spindle home correctly prior to the tool change? Is the spindle home position bit being set? The servo drive may be out of adjustment if the spindle homing is being done correctly but the AC servo will not hold the spindle in position. You will need the maintenance manual for instructions on how to adjust the gain on the position feedback loop.
This is a wild guess.

Robert

I had same problem with my Matsuura, It was the lovejoy type connector between spindle motor and gear box,easy fix,long wait on part from Japan, cheap too,under 200$.
good luck, oh yeah call Matsuura, they sent me assembly prints.
Gw

edit, this price was just for the rubber insert, if you leave it go to long it my chew up driver an driven details.

Let me give another example of this problem. When I give an M19 command, the spindle will rotate and than lock as it's supposed to. I can grab the spindle by hand and turn it. It gives resistance to a certain point but than breaks free.

Let me give another example of this problem. When I give an M19 command, the spindle will rotate and than lock as it's supposed to. I can grab the spindle by hand and turn it. It gives resistance to a certain point but than breaks free.

What you have described would be characteristic of a magnet - Hall effect sensor homing signal rather than a encoder driven homing signal. The Hall effect sensor has a limited range. Once you are past that range there would be no error signal for the servo.

The Hall effect sensor when new may have produced a 0 to 10 volt signal. After 20,000 hours of operation it may only be producing a 0 to 3 volt signal. This could be from degradation of the magnet or the sensor amplifier. The lower signal level would reduce the spindle position feedback gain.

Try moving the post over to the CNC forum. You are more likely to get a detailed explanation of what the problem is.

Robert

Last edited:

Back