What's new
What's new

Need Mits MV1200 WEDM power settings for 8 inch steel

I have a job that will take almost all of my 8.7 inches of travel in Z. I am cutting stainless at 8.25" thick. The book only gives me epaks up to 6" thick and I don't know what to use as in my 25 years of WEDM work, I've never cut anything this thick. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks in advance for something that will help out.

If the part doesn't have super tight tolerances I would just use the 6". It will still run, just maybe a little slower than you like. It may be there is only tech for 6"+ steel with .012" wire only.

Once you get it running you can try bumping up your on times and supply voltage?(don't remember what this is called on the Mits).

I've cut a whole lot of tall stuff in my time and a lot of that is on machines with less than ideally developed technologies, especially for taller stuff. In other words, just send it.

This is for 8.5" Steel (Ø.012" diameter) probably could just knock down the power a bit for .010". Or just grab a set of .012 guides and some wire.

PS: RH
SV: NM
Vo: 7
IP: 14
DIP: 11
OFF: 3
SA: 9
SB: 5
SC: 7
SE: 4
VG: 46
FM: OFF
DAE: OFF
WS: 9
WT: 13
PT: 14
FB: NM
LQ: 14
LR: 8

Feed rate address - .020
OFFSET(.012 - 0.0079) - rough cut only no skim.

If surface quality is an issue. I can give epack for 8" with 2 skims. Also have a great one for up to 24" 420 SS

I have everything burning really good for me now. My thanks to everyone who has tried to help me. I'll be back soon enough with another question and I hope I can be of some assistance sometime soon. Thanks again
If surface quality is an issue. I can give epack for 8" with 2 skims. Also have a great one for up to 24" 420 SS

Back