What's new
What's new

New Electrical Vehicle manufacturer VinFast to locate in North Carolina U.S.A.

Don't expect Gus and the others to provide facts to back up their treason claims. Some are still pushing the 2016 Russian collusion delusion despite multiple investigations having found nothing to support it.

The technique of the big lie.

Tell a lie, keep it simple so the herd will absorb it. Keep telling it over and over, ignoring any evidence that disputes it. Reinforce the idea that it comes from other sources by using circular quotes (A quotes B and B quotes A, etc.).

Just keep repeating it over an over. It works because ...

A lie gets halfway around the world before truth gets its pants on.

Don't expect Gus and the others to provide facts to back up their treason claims. Some are still pushing the 2016 Russian collusion delusion despite multiple investigations having found nothing to support it.

Tell a lie, keep it simple so the herd will absorb it. Keep telling it over and over, ignoring any evidence that disputes it. Reinforce the idea that it comes from other sources by using circular quotes (A quotes B and B quotes A, etc.).

The word "Treason" has become the same as "Fuck" used to be. Once overused it pretty much loses it's impact.

There may be exceptions but the last person I could find that was tried for treason against the United States was
Iva Toguri D'Aquino, known as Tokyo Rose. She served 6 years of a 10 year sentence.

But..... "Journalistic and governmental investigators years later pieced together the history of irregularities with the indictment, trial, and conviction, including confessions from key witnesses who had perjured themselves at the various stages of their testimonies. Toguri received a pardon in 1977 from then-U.S. President Gerald Ford."

Guess Rose was lucky they did not give her the death penalty.

Well, somebody else needs to make an electric car that is NOT 800hp and $112k. ( GMC Hummer EV First Drive Review | True supertruck, for better and for worse and Sandy and Rivian CEO RJ Scaringe - YouTube ) These behemoths are just stroking buyers enviro-ego. Rivian won't be able to sell their truck and stay in business without raising the price beyond the reach of the number of people they need to buy them. (unless they can have the govt, meaning YOU, stump up the balance, which may happen) Whoever makes a 150hp $25k plug in commuter with 300mi range that looks like a nicely styled car and not a UFO or designed by a 12 year old (prius, bolt, leaf) will do well. I haven't seen one yet. ONE motor, big battery, less than 3000lbs, android auto/carplay, simple design. VW ID3 comes close, but not coming to the US.

The word "Treason" has become the same as "Fuck" used to be. Once overused it pretty much loses it's impact.

There may be exceptions but the last person I could find that was tried for treason against the United States was
Iva Toguri D'Aquino, known as Tokyo Rose. She served 6 years of a 10 year sentence.

But..... "Journalistic and governmental investigators years later pieced together the history of irregularities with the indictment, trial, and conviction, including confessions from key witnesses who had perjured themselves at the various stages of their testimonies. Toguri received a pardon in 1977 from then-U.S. President Gerald Ford."

Guess Rose was lucky they did not give her the death penalty.

There were actually several women who broadcast as Tokyo Rose.

Although Iva Ikuko Toguri d’Aquino was eventually pardoned she had indeed made such propaganda broadcasts and was identified by reporters Henry Brundidge and Clark Lee as one of those who made the broadcasts. She was improperly prosecuted by being portrayed as THE Tokyo Rose when there were actually several English speaking women who made the broadcasts.

Oh please, you worship lies

You have no respect for the truth

Your lord and god cannot open his mouth without lying, or apparently, working against the interests of the US

donald trump announced the rally
donald trump organized the rally[well, paid for it to be organized, he could not organize a kindergarten tea party]
donald trump paid for the rally
donald trump incited the riot "We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore"
donald trump refused to tell the unsurrectionists to stop even when the life of his own VP -was in danger, and as his VP fled from donald trumps supporters, he tweeted ""Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution,"

he is a traitor to the nation

this is the punk you idolize

ONE motor, big battery, less than 3000lbs, android auto/carplay, simple design.
The Tesla Model 3 comes as close as you are going to get to that. Less than 3000lbs isn't going to happen with any car these days with all of the required safety stuff and gadgets. A Camry is 3500lbs. Batteries are heavy as well, the Model 3's battery alone weighs over 1000lbs.

And still no links to reputable sources, just the usual bluster and BS.

Just looks like someone trying to keep the mentioning of Trump levels up to before the door to the penalty box opened. 5 Trumps in one moderate length post. I have also had people implying I support Trump, of which I don't, that never did that to me before. Now all of a sudden everyone who mostly believes in the Republican party platform is a Trump supporter.

The Tesla Model 3 comes as close as you are going to get to that. Less than 3000lbs isn't going to happen with any car these days with all of the required safety stuff and gadgets. A Camry is 3500lbs. Batteries are heavy as well, the Model 3's battery alone weighs over 1000lbs.

I can't believe a modern Camry weighs that much. That is the same weight as my long gone 1970 Chevelle 454. That was when cars were mostly steel. I am not doubting that 3500 pounds, just baffled.

Some more on VinFast and it looks like Toyota is building in North Carolina also.

"Toyota will build a $1.29 billion factory that will employ 1,750 people making make hybrid and electric vehicle batteries, starting in 2025."

"VinFast says it will spend more than $4 billion and hire 7,500 workers to make electric SUVs at the 2,150-acre Moncure megasite in Chatham."

Going to be a whole lot of money spent with the construction trades.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article260093225.html

I can't believe a modern Camry weighs that much. That is the same weight as my long gone 1970 Chevelle 454. That was when cars were mostly steel. I am not doubting that 3500 pounds, just baffled.
Hard to believe isn't it.
And then think about how well that big block Chevelle turned corners compared to a new Camry.:eek:
Safety, safety, safety.
Weight reduction equals fuel mileage particularly more a while back.
One rocket scientist at fisher body here found a way to pull out 100 pounds by reducing the roof supports and made this change.
Oops, now they do not pass the rollover test. Three months worth of production on what was the biggest selling car in the US at the time had to be scrapped.
Bob
PS: unsure which 454 you had but even the lower end was just a true joy as torque monsters.

Hard to believe isn't it.
And then think about how well that big block Chevelle turned corners compared to a new Camry.:eek:
Safety, safety, safety.
Weight reduction equals fuel mileage particularly more a while back.
One rocket scientist at fisher body here found a way to pull out 100 pounds by reducing the roof supports and made this change.
Oops, now they do not pass the rollover test. Three months worth of production on what was the biggest selling car in the US at the time had to be scrapped.
Bob
PS: unsure which 454 you had but even the lower end was just a true joy as torque monsters.

I hopped it up, last engine 535 hp on the dyno rollers to the street. As for turning corners the car wasn't set up for that, but I was pretty good at judging how fast I could go around them in a controlled slide. I would never challenge Dead Man's Curve, I would catch and pass in the straight. I lived in rural areas and was involved in my fair share of illegal street races, drag racing and one on one racing on road courses we mapped out. I had another edge, local cops in the family that thought no way a straight A kid like me would be involved with the pack of illegal racers in the county. I always tipped everybody off when we had to take our game elsewhere. Those were the good times, ha,ha.

I had to look it up myself. 2021 Toyota Camry curb weight, 3,310 to 3,595lbs. Wow. My 2014 Mazda 3 is 2780ish, and it ain't big.

Now I have Dead Man's Curve stuck in my head....

I had to look it up myself. 2021 Toyota Camry curb weight, 3,310 to 3,595lbs. Wow. My 2014 Mazda 3 is 2780ish, and it ain't big.

A lot of people incorrectly think that is a Beach Boy song, but it is Jan & Dean.

JFC did some of you never have kids or did they already stop talking to you because you find a way to turn literally any and every conversation into a political diatribe?

"Trump bad! No Biden worse!" We're really plumbing the depths of the human experience and our government structures with these revelatory insights, let me tell you.

Also I mean seriously, what year is it? You get the overwhelming sense that some of the members here literally cannot restrain themselves from pulling the corners of their eyes taut and shouting "CHING CHONG ME SO HORNY" at every remotely Asian-looking person they see. About as HILARIOUS as a graveyard.

I'll remember this thread and the dozens of active threads like it next time someone complains about how hobbyists tarnish the consummate professionalism that's just bursting from this forum...

Facts?

you are allergic to facts

If t did not come out of the traitors mouth, it never happened

but even when he says things out loud in public, you refute them

his stupid is contagious

Trump asks Putin to release any info about Hunter Biden

Those are all opinion pieces. The BBC article headline is in the form of a question lol.

Facts look something like this:

President Barack Obama was caught on microphone telling Dmitry Medvedev that he would have more flexibility after November's election deal with contentious issues such as missile defence.

Or this:

Operation Fast and Furious Fast Facts - CNN

Here is a good one, a whole collection of facts. Obama hid evidence of gun running from Congress under the cloak of "executive privilege".

Congress ordered charges filed against Eric Holder but the White House and DOJ prevented this from being carried out.

If you can come up with these types of facts, you have my attention.

The extra weight is largely for crash reinforcement but also partly due to the extra equipment that is so common on modern vehicles. The emissions hardware adds weight, the more elaborate entertainment systems add weight, and other things like power everything add weight.

Most of the classic sports cars would fail miserably at today's safety tests.

Back