What's new
What's new

New files Uploaded

swells

Stainless
I have added files in the Mill section of the The SBL Workshop - Home website, these were provided
by Rocco Falato and are very nice scans...thanks to RF for his hard work, he also scanned
a complete 1930 HTRAL...it's uploade in the HTRAL section, warning...it is a large file, like
70mb. I also put the link back up for my "Items For Sale" page, I'll add new items as I can.
For now, I do have at least one of everything listed.

Those of you waiting on the missing pages (2&3) of the big 1960 mill bulletin 6012, it is fixed.

RF also had a Bulletin for the newer 2S & 2SV Mill, which I have one of the 2S models,
these were very good mills, nice and tight.

I will be uploading more of his files as time permits, plus some of the ones I'm so far behide
on that has been sent to me.

Thanks all for the fellowship,

Steve Wells

Steve, thanks for all you do to keep the info flowing. I can't seem to find the new, large HTRAL file? Please steer me in the right direction for the file or a hyperlink to the file, Thanks.

I'm downloading that 1930HTRAL as I type this.

Thanks again to you, and everyone who helps contribute information on that site. That site and these forums have been an essential resource to my current SB lathe project.

Those are really nice scans. Is that book larger than the pocket sized later edition I have? Just wondering because the illustrations hold together well and it's nice to see them larger than usual.

Gary

Steve:

Would you consider adding the info from your thread, "New 10L Headstock Oilers" to your website?.... As well as other how to/info/photos from your 10L clean up/restore project work?

Your headstock and apron instructions would be of great help to many. Especially the routing of the oil wicks in the apron.

alg4884

New Catalogs uploaded

Yes I will put up the thread on the 10L as a project, but I have several others to do first.

I have uploaded new catalogs:

Uploaded to this index: The SBL Workshop - Catalog Index

Scanned by Joe Wegrzyn:

Oct. 1948, Catalog 22, South Bend Precision Machine Tools
Dec. 1951, Catalog 5102, Attachments & Accessories Catalog

Thanks Joe, for your time and effort.

Steve

Steve,

Glad to hear the scans worked out.

Last weekend I got to stop by Grizzly's Muncy, Pa. loaction, a work project had me going to Wellsboro, Pa. Got to see the South Bend Mill and Drill press vises. Superioir finish compared to the Grizzly version, also had some weight to them. The brass South Bend tag looked great. They also had the clocks and T-shirts on display. Shirts looked good made by Hanes.

Hopefully the machines will out when I pass that way this July for vacation.

RF

Thanks Steve

Steve, Thanks for hosting this site. I used it quite a bit when I was first learning about my lathe. In the few years I've had it I cannot remember seeing the data you have repeated on any other site. Things like "designed spindle speed" and "bearing tolerance" are not really needed often, but when you need the info you need the correct info, not a guess.

The latest col thing from your site?.....My lathes code name is "Bahof"

Back