What's new
What's new

new format - a thumbs-down

Freedommachine

Stainless
Just what exactly scaled for you?
Did the blank whiteness become smaller while the text remained the same size on the 15" vs. the 27"?

Did you change the style setting? Click on your user name in the upper right hand corner > [preferences] > Style selection box right above the time zone box. Change this to {Default} and then hit save.

This will give you a more familiar view - not the same as we had before, but you will hate it less.

Dr. Rob

Hot Rolled
As others have said, this sort of discontent comes with every update. This is what, the fourth or fifth update now?
Does anybody have a screenshot of what it looked like twenty years ago, when it was all sort of a pale yellow?
It would be fun to see.

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Did you change the style setting? Click on your user name in the upper right hand corner > [preferences] > Style selection box right above the time zone box. Change this to {Default} and then hit save.

This will give you a more familiar view - not the same as we had before, but you will hate it less.

Yes, I did change to DEFAULT from the original NOVUS setting.
It fixed some of my beef, created some new ones.
Now I've changed back to NOVUS to see what and where I have beef.

Give me a day or two ....

Dr. Rob

Hot Rolled
Here, found some. Blast from the past.

Attachments

• 25FF98CD-AD52-4FD5-BFFC-69E5A2EA6970.jpeg
    25FF98CD-AD52-4FD5-BFFC-69E5A2EA6970.jpeg
    660.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 001A76C4-7326-4759-B01F-581D32926099.jpeg
    001A76C4-7326-4759-B01F-581D32926099.jpeg
    412.3 KB · Views: 34
  • E5BB8801-B3E5-4AF1-BD3E-C153EAF4E1BB.jpeg
    E5BB8801-B3E5-4AF1-BD3E-C153EAF4E1BB.jpeg
    608.1 KB · Views: 34

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Does anybody have a screenshot of what it looked like twenty years ago, when it was all sort of a pale yellow?
It would be fun to see.

Don't have a pale yellow, but the kind of light/dark blue from some 10 years ago was much better on the eye...

Then again.... I still prefer the old, original Autocad all-black canvas to draw on.
Thankfully that still exist today, and interestingly ADSK is working on making a similar UI for Inventor as well ( too bad they've kicked me to the curb couple of years ago )

SeymourDumore

Diamond

Yeah, well ....
Just realized that while switching back to NOVUS brought back all the screen width, it also took away the visual indication of "what's new" in the subforums.

Typical Millenial bullshit thinking ( or not thinking as it may ...)

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Dude! That's awesome!!!
Site looks like when I've signed up a few years later!!!

You know what I fear the most?
That noone has a snapshot of what PM looked like last week, or last month, or last year, and sooner or later this new garbage just becomes norm without anyone contesting
and remembering that there used to be something everyone was able to enjoy and contribute to before the idiot crowd took over!

Dr. Rob

Hot Rolled
Those old screen shots - are nice on the eyes for reading....

You know what, though?
They were actually interactive, or semi-live. I found them at the Wayback Machine internet archives. You could click topics and browse around. I’m not sure what would happen if you actually tried to reply to a topic, if it would just error or maybe pop up here instead, as the ultimate zombie thread necropost.

The Archive.org site is a fantastic thing. Bravo to them for having the foresight to realize the need.

swarfless

Cast Iron
You don't think all that white space being complained about could be ad-space? I'm sure, if that's the case, it'll be filled up with garbage soon enough.

Trueturning

Diamond
I do feel any such change being a inconvenience is pretty standard. Every time I get a new phone there are always improvements. The same with upgrades of most any kind.
Not sure about the millennials and how they play into this. They probably are much more acclimated to any type of change and upgrades than I am. I do feel that criticism is valid and leads to better anything. I ask the same kinds of things. Just noticed the face expressions and things are much more extensive. I have not found the x rated one I saw earlier yet. :coffee:

If you click your name and go into settings and preferences, it must be the "signature" button to click??? You need to have that blank, I guess?
I did that - I don’t see any “ settings and preferences “.

An old boss I worked for had a saying - “ Make It Idiot Proof “.
This is far from idiot proof.

Regards Tyrone

Demon69

Titanium
I did that - I don’t see any “ settings and preferences “.

An old boss I worked for had a saying - “ Make It Idiot Proof “.
This is far from idiot proof.

Regards Tyrone
Try clicking on the your avatar, top right of the page, for you its the Pink circle with the T. you should get a popup box like this.
dshg.jpg

Click on signature, if your name is there, just delete the text and hit save.
If that doesnt work, click on Account details and delete your name entries, hit save.

michiganbuck

Diamond
Having who liked the post was handy because that is like an "I agree" acknowledgment so to support what the post stated. When you saw a number of old-timers or respected names giving likes that was important.

Try clicking on the your avatar, top right of the page, for you its the Pink circle with the T. you should get a popup box like this.
View attachment 364850

Click on signature, if your name is there, just delete the text and hit save.
If that doesnt work, click on Account details and delete your name entries, hit save.
When I click on the avatar I don’t get that pop up box.
I get my site name.
Active member. From Manchester England.
Joined etc
Last seen Viewing thread.
Then below that is
Posts. Reaction score. Points.

That is it. There’s nothing else to click on.

Regards Tyrone.

Last edited: