What's new
What's new

New Machine Day - Millturn monster

BOB-OO

Cast Iron
Almost 13 months of waiting...
24" thick, 4500 PSI concrete, #5 rebar reinforced, isolated pad.
AC units received.
250Amps, 208V 3p power.
44k#'s of Christmas 🎄!!!
Fingers crossed for a smooth, quiet, uneventful rigging day tomorrow.

Attachments

• Day1.jpg
    Day1.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 110
I thought I'd make an educated guess but both Okuma and DMG want your email to see the full specs of the machine. Fuck that.

I'll blindly guess an Okuma Multus B550.

Can you imagine having to toss that tarp up there?
That's all one tarp!
I hope the riggers on the other end helped with their fork-truck!

Boy, he did a nice job too!

edit}

The more that I look at it tho, the more that I wonder if that tarp belongs to the distributor?
Custom cut for this exact machine, and when you git done with it, either drop it back off next time past, or skid it up and LTL it back to them?

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Soooo happy to have a busy but uneventful day!!!
Under roof, covered in soft Cosmoline, not lagged or hook up, short a few parts.
It was one tarp-300#, I put the driver up in a man bucket to roll it.
Everyone had a great day, Drivers, Riggers, and me.
I250HST-SmoothAI control w lots of bells and 112tools. I'll make some videos. I feel truly fortunate today. Scraped the greasy snow off some stainless and drank some bourbon dreaming of robots and perfect parts.
Marcus-Your invited anytime your in the area.
Good riggers are worth every dollar!!! Looked at both DN & Okuma but owning a 22 year old I200 Mazak that still works daily 99+% and over performs made the decision.

that's a forklift...

Attachments

• m2-2.jpg
    m2-2.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 229
  • m2-1.jpg
    m2-1.jpg
    641.4 KB · Views: 229
Looked at both DN & Okuma but owning a 22 year old I200 Mazak that still works daily 99+% and over performs made the decision.

My old ass 1986 Mazak QT10N ATC/MC CNC lathe is still kicking and I use it several times a week. Running it right now actually. We bought a new Mazak Integrex i-400S 5 years ago and its been a VERY good machine. Congrats on your new toy!

Good mercy that's a nice Integrex! As a small shop and Mazak fanboy, I can't help but think how much that bad-boy would cost! (Gotta pay-to-play, eh?)

Mazak can tend to be a bit more "Haas-like" and less "DMG-Mori-like" on their commodity-level machines, but when you get into these Integrexes and other big multi-taskers, Mazak builds them as heavy, robust and solid as anybody.

ToolCat

That's a LOT of machine for 65mm capacity!
But you will like the 10K live toys.
Still today it seems like many are only 4K.
But then I guess live pockets on the lower turret wouldn't likely be used much?

You have app for B axis?

I didn't see a steady rest as an option on the website.
You should be able to at least add an aftermarket one onto the lower turret.
With that much daylight between spindles, that may come of use.

-----------------------

Daylight Again \
Ox

I gave the crates (4ea) to one of the guys who scraps on the side, its a bunch of metal. I'm running out of room inside & out and have realized if I don't prevent myself from hording now I'll likely make the show soon.
Philabuster- very happy to hear you say that, if its 3/4 as solid, reliable, and durable as the old one I'd be satisfied. I was concerned about the milling spindle when they changed to grease feed from oil feed, but they switched back to oil feed on this machine(i...H's). Anyone know anything about that?

Thanks for all the positive thoughts, much appreciated!!!

Back