What's new
What's new

New/old Schaublin TR 102 HP

Back from the shop.
Here some pictures with what I found is wrong.

In the right leg where is the cooling tank and pump a few(3-4) of thes are braked

And the cuted hoses

On the back

Except this everything seems to be at his place

A very competent work of sabotage, intentional or otherwise.

Many of the broken hoses are failed plastic banjo fittings. You will want to replace a lot of the plastic fittings that have exceeded their useful lifespan.

What are your plans for this machine?

Do you have dry air?

If you are missing the schematics you will absolutely need to order them from Schaublin.

Those valves don't just hang loose. They were fitted to a mounting bracket. It is not certain that the machine has all its valves, or if it was taken out of service because a valve failed and an attempted repair went wrong. That valve could have been lost.

As far as I know only one hose has to be taken off to remove the coolant tank and pump. The hose that connects to the valve that controls the flow of coolant. So the idea that this damage was done to install the coolant pump on another machine makes no sense.

yes ... completly stupid ....
I looked at every conection and it sems to be ok regarding the number of hoses and entries.Even in the back those 3 hoses have their own entries.All connection available are ocupied.
The guy told me that the lathe was running very well.
I dont have the cover from the right side.

What are your plans for this machine?

Do you have dry air?

I just like this brand and I like quality machines. I just started a job shop for a few months and in my adventure of finding machines I found this. I dont have any work for him , but is small and god knows what will happening with it.
I dont have a lot of work write now , and that is BAD , the rent , the payment for the guys. And when I have a little bit of time I want to relax working on it.
I still dream at Schaublin 125 or 135 or 150 or 160 lathe , and 53 milling machine :)

I have a small machine for air. Anyway I am planning to buy a biger one.

What is manifold body ?

Modular valves can be fitted to a common manifold for supply air, inlets and outlets. The manifold also serves as the mounting bracket.

Resources_sku_Hybris_images_243x_VS18_VS26.jpg

I have not been inside a 102-HP, but you see them where the valve bodies are joined together.

I just like this brand and I like quality machines. I just started a job shop for a few months and in my adventure of finding machines I found this. I dont have any work for him , but is small and god knows what will happening with it.

You will almost certainly find it more handy as a manual machine. That is why I offered you my barfeeder. :D

In 1968 with CNC?

In 2017 the hydropnuematic is certainly obsolete. The 123 was from the mid '70s. Pretty sure Schaublin's first CNC lathe was the 126 (125-CNC, 1977), that lives on today as the 125-CCN, and 225-TM. Same bed profile as the 125 manual lathe.

The 102-HP was an alternative to sliding headstock cam programmed lathes, which for smaller production runs and certain part types was more cost effective.

Now cam programmed machines only remain for extremely high volume simple parts.

this kind of machines are good for long run parts.You have to set it up manualy for each part.

The PART doesn't care if it was made on CNC or air/hydraulic/cam operated machines.

The SET UP TIME - also scarcity of the experienced skills, present-day, to DO that - is waaay to Hell and gone longer with the older technology than with what CNC has become. That is WHY it is obsolete.

If you have to work hard to earn your crust, do NOT get sidetracked into turning back that clock. It can eat your lunch.

No need to throw anything away.

I'd convert back to manual, put the machine to useful work.

I'd also carefully preserve all the other parts. Then - maybe, some 'wealthier' day - or wealthier next-owner - a museum-grade restoration might be in the cards.

Bill

I just want to see it run as it was designed.
After that I will see what I will do with it.
I will see if I can find the guy who run it maybe he can tell more about it.

Back