What's new
What's new

New (to me) Source for Schaublin Collets

TeachMePlease

Diamond
I know I see people looking for Schaublin W style collets, and I'm pretty sure they go for stupid money as NOS or used. I had a guy in the shop last week showing me his Swiss collets and guide bushings, and I noticed his catalog has Schaublin collets listed as stocked. He told me the price (I'll let you contact him for a real quote) and I was very surprised at how reasonable they were for new collets.

So, just throwing it out there for anyone who needs them, you can reach out for a catalog or quote, the website is here: TTC North America

I have no affiliation, though I can almost guarantee I'll be buying some collets and guide bushings from him in the near future. The samples he had with him were impressive quality, and I believe he said they were German made.

L Vanice

Diamond
That website is pathetic. There is no online catalog or even a list of products and brands available. You have to ask for a quote just to see if they can sell you something you might want to buy. Hard to believe they actually stock Schaublin collets in many varieties or sizes.

They do list their physical address. Google Maps shows it is an old small industrial building in north central Indianapolis, IN. It has been named Refinery 46 and rents out their address, which can consist of just a locker or various size rooms, with shipping/receiving service. They promote the location as ideal for startups hoping to grow or a catered event/meeting. Refinery46 - Coworking Indianapolis - Industrial Event Venue

Side benefits of renting at Refinery 46 are a coffee machine, an onsite Cuban restaurant open four days a week and a brewery/bar. My city has lost its only Cuban restaurant, so I am tempted to drive to Indy just for a Cuban sandwich or some empanadas.

Larry